ADVERTISEMENT

2024 Recruiting

I was really looking forward to some Bidunga dunks.

I’ll see myself out..
I think we all were. I just don’t like the fact Purdue didn’t make his cut list. I see that coach hire and understand that. Early there was talk of iu I guess some former Mr Basketball from Kokomo went to iu way back in nat’s day. Did he ever official here?

Reactions: Zaphod_B
I think we all were. I just don’t like the fact Purdue didn’t make his cut list. I see that coach hire and understand that. Early there was talk of iu I guess some former Mr Basketball from Kokomo went to iu way back in nat’s day. Did he ever official here?
He was at IU over the weekend. He got an offer from Kentucky today.

Reactions: tenwest
When did he put out a top list? I haven’t heard or seen anything. He’s still receiving offers.

If we get all three of these guys we should really be able to score the Rock!!

falco-rock-me-amadeus.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Zaphod_B and TX4GB
Who would you rather have Rock or Burgess?
Burgess would be a Furst type. Furst would be a senior when the class of 2024 arrives. Rock is a center with some range. If we had just one scholarship, Burgess would be the bigger need since we have Berg. If Rock can play the 4 then put them both equal. We have 2 or 3 scholarships available even with Benter and Catchings. We could grab both Burgess and Rock with Harris. I think getting Harris would be the top priority at guard with Morton and Newman graduating. The Big Dog legacy would bring some excitement. He would be a combo guard that could play the point to backup Smith as well as play the 2/3 spot. I’m sure there will be someone under the radar that will jump out.

Burgess would be a Furst type. Furst would be a senior when the class of 2024 arrives. Rock is a center with some range. If we had just one scholarship, Burgess would be the bigger need since we have Berg. If Rock can play the 4 then put them both equal. We have 2 or 3 scholarships available even with Benter and Catchings. We could grab both Burgess and Rock with Harris. I think getting Harris would be the top priority at guard with Morton and Newman graduating. The Big Dog legacy would bring some excitement. He would be a combo guard that could play the point to backup Smith as well as play the 2/3 spot. I’m sure there will be someone under the radar that will jump out.
I will take Rock over Scissors! That kid can play the 4 and could you imagine having a Rock and IceBerg their in the middle of that defense! People wouldn’t be able to score on us! Don’t forget Berg can stretch the floor as well!

Benter with a 11 three pointer game:
Was talking to an IU Grad yesterday that lives in Brownstown, and he’s ticked that Woody didn’t at least try to recruit Benter, even though the family is “all Purdue fans”.

Said he is a late bloomer, is still growing, and will likely end up at least 6’-6”. He is knocking down shots from all over with “guys hanging all over him”.

Awesome kid from a great family, coach’s son.

He said this is the kind of shooter that IU doesn’t have right now.

Was talking to an IU Grad yesterday that lives in Brownstown, and he’s ticked that Woody didn’t at least try to recruit Benter, even though the family is “all Purdue fans”.

Said he is a late bloomer, is still growing, and will likely end up at least 6’-6”. He is knocking down shots from all over with “guys hanging all over him”.

Hes 6'5 to 6'6 now

Reactions: ChuckJr and TX4GB

Looking forward to seeing Mr. Benter as a Boiler. Matt Painter has his faults, and we all know some of the recruiting issues, but there was a time when Purdue had no shot at a player like this from that part of Indiana.....gotta like some of the continuing success for Indiana high school players.

As an aside, why the single G and T? - always thought it should be Looggoottee for symmetry with the single L.

Reactions: Zaphod_B and TX4GB
Looking forward to seeing Mr. Benter as a Boiler. Matt Painter has his faults, and we all know some of the recruiting issues, but there was a time when Purdue had no shot at a player like this from that part of Indiana.....gotta like some of the continuing success for Indiana high school players.

As an aside, why the single G and T? - always thought it should be Looggoottee for symmetry with the single L.
Wiki says it's a combo of the names of Mr Lowe who brought the railroad to town and Mr Gootee who owned the ground where rhe town was platted.

And he sounds like the kind of kid Painter loves to have on his team.

ADVERTISEMENT