ADVERTISEMENT

2024 Freshmen Who Can Make An Impact This Season

Dec 14, 2023
I have been wondering who in the 2024 Freshmen Class will make an impact on the field this season.

We’ll Hammer & Rails has an article that list 5.

1. Tarrion Grant - CB
2. Koy Beasley - S
3. Jayden Ball - OL
4. Ty Hudkins - S
5. Spencer Porath - K

Tarrion and Koy is too good not to play. It will be interesting to see Tarrion lock horns with Jeremiah Smith in the Ohio State game.

Ty is working hard to become Thienemen’s backup.

Jayden Ball is a pleasant surprise.

Surprised Luke Williams in not on the list. Luke will play Safety along with Koy Beasley. Most likely backing up Rogers Jr.
Maybe we will have a lot of subs in the DB room. Too much talent not to rotate.

Spencer, yes we need some kicking help. Last year’s kicking game was painful to see, especially the Ohio State game.

Reactions: FLAG HUNTER
It seems to the untrained eye that we have a deeper DB room than a WR room. With that assumption, is it surprising that Luke Williams isn't getting more of a look at WR? Played both at Naperville North and I think I saw him listed more at WR than S.

It seems to the untrained eye that we have a deeper DB room than a WR room. With that assumption, is it surprising that Luke Williams isn't getting more of a look at WR? Played both at Naperville North and I think I saw him listed more at WR than S.

In an interview Luke said he wants to come to Purdue to play safety.

CRW is attracting a lot of good players who wants to play DB because of what he had done with Witherspoon and Brown. And the recruits are seeing how in one year CRW developed Dillon Thieneman into an All-American.

If Dillon repeats his freshman production and become a high NFL pick, CRW will not have issues recruiting high level DBs to Purdue.

I think there is actually some talk that they will give Beasley a look at WR. Big time playmaking speed. He legitimately may be a two way player, getting snaps at safety and as a playmaker in offense

Reactions: FLAG HUNTER
I think there is actually some talk that they will give Beasley a look at WR. Big time playmaking speed. He legitimately may be a two way player, getting snaps at safety and as a playmaker in offense
I thought Williams had a chance to play WR too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT