ADVERTISEMENT

2023 Recruiting

She's described as a "hybrid stretch 4" who can guard 1-4 and can score on "all 3 levels". Versatile scorers definitely seems the type of players KG is going after which means that we're getting players who will be able to put the ball through the hoop. A nice, mobile 5 will put a nice finishing touch on this this class, which IMO is KG's first real class as HC.

Most recent scouting report

Last edited:
LIke Painter, I thinking Katie has an eye for good fits for a TEAM. I do not think she will take a player who she does not think will help her win. I think what she has done with the players she has now shows that. EDey was 444 on the lists when Painter took him. I think we now have two bb coaches who know how to recruit and win. Hopeful.

LIke Painter, I thinking Katie has an eye for good fits for a TEAM. I do not think she will take a player who she does not think will help her win. I think what she has done with the players she has now shows that. EDey was 444 on the lists when Painter took him. I think we now have two bb coaches who know how to recruit and win. Hopeful.
I am hopeful. KG has shown so far that she can coach with the best of them.

But citing Edey as an example is citing the exception to the rule as THE rule. Those who passed him over made a HUGE error (yes, that was intentional.) But it doesn't happen often that you can pick recruits with middling offerings and find a star.

I am sure that there is a reason that Gearlds wanted Monson. I have my fingers crossed for her.

Reactions: RBryant311
Seems to me we are recruiting players who can shoot, dribble, pass, and value winning without really worrying about traditional positions.

And I'll say this. It's nice to get the top 20 players and five-star recruits BUT all I really care about is that we win with whatever players we do get. CKG knows how to coach and knows what she needs. I'm not going to fret about other offers and specific positions. This most recent commitment is the leading scorer for a defending state champion that has won 35 straight games in what I believe is the 3rd highest class out of 4 in Tennessee.

She is 6 feet tall (which I had not seen on any of the posts here.) Hopefully she is a diamond-in-the-rough as she only had offers from Murray State, Austin Peay, North Alabama & East Tennessee State.

Also have to keep in mind that only the top 25-30 players right now for the 2023 class are ranked. Top 100 '23 rankings come out in the Spring and then are updated pre and post summer.

Reactions: DocRon and TC4THREE
McKenna Layden plays in her sectional semifinal tonight against Lafayette Harrison (game at Marion). If they win, they will play on Tuesday night for the championship.

South Bend Washington and Rashunda Jones rolled to their sectional championship on Saturday. They'll play regionals at Jimtown this upcoming Saturday (Feb 12). It's unlikely they'll face anyone that can challenge them in that round either.

Layden and Northwestern move on to a very tough Marion regional. It will be tough for them to advance with them still playing up a class due to the success they had when Madison played. They open with 19-3 FW Snider and then, should they win that, would play either Noblesville or Homestead and both of those teams have a player going to UCONN.

Reactions: DocRon
I believe Emily Monson's season came to an end last night in their District championship game.

Sophie Swanson plays tonight in her Sectional Semifinal.

Of course, Rashunda Jones plays for the 3A state championship this upcoming Saturday in Indianapolis.

Reactions: Russ Ford
2027 HG Lillie Graves leads her Wainwright team to a TSC Championship!
32 points, 9 rebounds, 9 steals, 2 blocks in the Semi finals against East Tipp.
24 points, 12 rebounds, 6 steals, 5 blocks in the Championship.
Congratulations Lillie!

Another scouting report on Monson, who had the game winning 3 for her AAU club in the tournament championship a couple days ago. Pic of her on the front page of the website, it certainly looks like her frame is filling out and she's getting stronger. Like that she seems to be a good rebounder.

"Suiting up for the Southeast All Stars, Monson came into the weekend already committed to Purdue. An Elite 150 Watch List member, Monson made the biggest shot of the weekend hitting a 22-foot 3-pointer to win the title game in overtime. She has the size, length and bounce to be a consistent rebounder. As she prepares for her senior season en route to playing in West LaFayette, Monson can become a more consistent position defender. Relying on correct positioning as opposed to athleticism will be a key on that end of the hardwood." - Brandon Clay, ProspectNation.

Link

Nice highlight of future Boiler Rashunda Jones and *potential* future Boiler Zennia Thomas. Looks like Thomas is playing some exposure tournaments with Jones' AAU squad. Hopefully they form a good connection with each other and that'll help lead Thomas to WL.

ADVERTISEMENT