ADVERTISEMENT

2023 commit Rashunda Jones plays for a state championship Saturday at 6 pm.

TC4THREE

All-American
Mar 20, 2002
Here's how to watch if interested.

IHSAA Girls Basketball State Finals Telecast Schedule -- Saturday, Feb. 26
TimeMatchupStream
10:30 a.m. ET/9:30 a.m. CTClass A: Tecumseh (20-8) vs. Lafayette Central Catholic (24-4)Bally Sports app, BallySports.com (https://bspts.cc/indiana-high-school-basketball), IHSAAtv.org
12:45 p.m. ET/11:45 a.m. CTClass 2A: Forest Park (25-3) vs. Frankton (23-5)Bally Sports app, BallySports.com (https://bspts.cc/indiana-high-school-basketball-x0230), IHSAAtv.org
6 p.m. ET/5 p.m. CTClass 3A: Silver Creek (26-2) vs. South Bend Washington (26-3)Bally Sports app, BallySports.com (https://bspts.cc/indiana-high-school-basketball), IHSAAtv.org
8:15 p.m. ET/7:15 p.m. CTClass 4A: Franklin Community (28-1) vs. Noblesville (24-4)Bally Sports app, BallySports.com (https://bspts.cc/indiana-high-school-basketball-x5626), IHSAAtv.org

I watched South Bend Washington and Rashunda Jones play for the State Championship this evening. Let me first say.....Wow! South Bend Washington is one heck of a high school basketball team! They totally crushed Silver Creek, the defending champions. South Bend dominated from beginning to end in every area of the game. I also kind of felt that their coach ran up the score a little. But that's just my opinion.

I was very impressed with Rashunda Jones. She's extremely athletic with good size and long arms for a point guard. Very quick (gets to the rim at will) and an excellent ball handler. She also showed an above average ability to elevate and score at the rim. Goodness knows Purdue can use an athletic point guard who can handle the ball. The only thing she didn't show was an ability to hit the 3 consistently. But she has another year of high school to improve that. I'm very impressed with the two recruits for this class that I have seen.....Rashunda Jones and McKenna Layden.

It's just a shame that the Reynolds girls from South Bend Washington have decided to attend Maryland. They are both excellent ball players too. There is a third Reynolds girl that is just a Freshman. Maybe Coach Gearlds can get her away from the others.

I also watched Noblesville and Ashlynn Shade win the class 4A title. That young lady is going to be a superstar. She is an amazing talent. Her deciding to attend Connecticut just sucks. She's the type of talent that could take your program to another level.

I watched South Bend Washington and Rashunda Jones play for the State Championship this evening. Let me first say.....Wow! South Bend Washington is one heck of a high school basketball team! They totally crushed Silver Creek, the defending champions. South Bend dominated from beginning to end in every area of the game. I also kind of felt that their coach ran up the score a little. But that's just my opinion.

I was very impressed with Rashunda Jones. She's extremely athletic with good size and long arms for a point guard. Very quick (gets to the rim at will) and an excellent ball handler. She also showed an above average ability to elevate and score at the rim. Goodness knows Purdue can use an athletic point guard who can handle the ball. The only thing she didn't show was an ability to hit the 3 consistently. But she has another year of high school to improve that. I'm very impressed with the two recruits for this class that I have seen.....Rashunda Jones and McKenna Layden.

It's just a shame that the Reynolds girls from South Bend Washington have decided to attend Maryland. They are both excellent ball players too. There is a third Reynolds girl that is just a Freshman. Maybe Coach Gearlds can get her away from the others.

I also watched Noblesville and Ashlynn Shade win the class 4A title. That young lady is going to be a superstar. She is an amazing talent. Her deciding to attend Connecticut just sucks. She's the type of talent that could take your program to another level.
Washington should be really good with 3 D-1 high major recruits and I believe the freshman will be the 4th. They would've had a chance to win the 4A tournament this year but did not have a real challenge in 3A. I think they get bumped up to 4A next year so that will make their postseason more interesting.

Regarding Jones, I've seen where she's had games where she's hit 4+ three pointers so she can shoot but I don't know what her overall percentage is this year but this tweet shows her shooting 38% as a sophomore which isn't bad. But like you said, she still has another year to get even better and I think her length and athleticism will really be something we don't currently have.

Last edited:
95-33 State Title score is really sad, I understand a mismatch but 62 points, that’s freaking crazy!

The funny thing is Silver Creek beat South Bend Washington last year to win the title. What a difference a year makes.
Did Washington add any stud players via transfer? I’m from Griffith, my school lost by 39 to them in the Regional final, I thought that was crazy lol.

Did Washington add any stud players via transfer? I’m from Griffith, my school lost by 39 to them in the Regional final, I thought that was crazy lol.
Not really I don't think if you're talking about transfers. The 3rd Reynolds sister I believe played as a freshman this year and is already being highly recruited but I must confess I don't know exactly how she performed this season with her two older sisters (both going to Maryland) and Jones (Purdue) also on the court. She could have been really good but it might not be reflected n the stats considering the talent around her.

Not really I don't think if you're talking about transfers. The 3rd Reynolds sister I believe played as a freshman this year and is already being highly recruited but I must confess I don't know exactly how she performed this season with her two older sisters (both going to Maryland) and Jones (Purdue) also on the court. She could have been really good but it might not be reflected n the stats considering the talent around her.
Freshman Kira Reynolds had 17 points and 24 rebounds in the championship game. The 24 boards were a championship game record.

Reactions: TC4THREE
ADVERTISEMENT