ADVERTISEMENT

2022 Rule Changes

finkchem

Gold Member
Nov 3, 2016
So, I guess it's better to be the cause of the rule changes than being the whiny loser that Tennessee has been since the Music City Bowl. It will be interesting to see which, if any, conference actually penalizes fake injuries.

I do like the changes made to the fake slide---simulate a slide feet first and you're down at the point where the slide was to begin. I was surprised when I learned there wasn't a rule in place for it.

Does the new blocking below the waist rule hurt our offense? That is, nothing outside the blocks and RB has to be stationary.

Was that game specifically mentioned as part of the rule change?
No, but it was widely highlighted in TN as they had planned to take action. Sort of like the ACC Championship game was the highlight on the TD on the fake slide by PITT.

So, I guess it's better to be the cause of the rule changes than being the whiny loser that Tennessee has been since the Music City Bowl. It will be interesting to see which, if any, conference actually penalizes fake injuries.
There may be some "fake-injury" penalties. But, how do you judge pain? This seems murky. The real outcome might be better acting by those whether hurt or not.

Reactions: boilerdug
There may be some "fake-injury" penalties. But, how do you judge pain? This seems murky. The real outcome might be better acting by those whether hurt or not.
Hopefully they tap the brakes on when two guys take a dive at once and one of them stands up immediately when they realize it wasn't their turn to go down.

Reactions: finkchem
No, but it was widely highlighted in TN as they had planned to take action. Sort of like the ACC Championship game was the highlight on the TD on the fake slide by PITT.
I believe the refs could have called Pickett down. It was a judgement call. The rule basically leaves no room for error.

Another thing I wish there was a rule against is all the tip-toeing along the sideline, acting like you are going out of bounds only to turn upfield to get a couple extra yards when the defender eases up to avoid a flag.

I think a defender ought to be able to unload on any ball carrier that takes more than 3 strides parallel to the sideline even after they are 1 or 2 steps out of bounds.

Reactions: POTFHBTFU
Same with the QB kneeling down to end a play. A team should be penalized for taking a "victory formation" and not kneeing the ball. Not fair to the defense as they can't go full out without being penalized or looking like schmucks.

Same with the QB kneeling down to end a play. A team should be penalized for taking a "victory formation" and not kneeing the ball. Not fair to the defense as they can't go full out without being penalized or looking like schmucks.
still wish they change to Pro rules in regards to knee hitting the ground stops the play w/o contact

ADVERTISEMENT