ADVERTISEMENT

2022 Phil Knight Legacy Tournament Bracket

Purdue Grad in Texas

All-American
Mar 22, 2010
Thought some might be interested for what potentially lies ahead for Purdue this week and over the Thanksgiving Holiday break. The Boilers will play West Virginia on Thanksgiving night (10:00 pm, Eastern time) in Portland in the first game of the Phil Knight Legacy Tournament. They're in the bottom half of the bracket with Gonzaga; Duke is in the top half. Looks to be a very tough game to open, and a win would likely mean a match-up with Gonzaga on Friday. The third game (either Championship, 3rd place, or on the 5th/7th place side) will be on Sunday.

Here's the full bracket and how the games lines up:

For those of you travelling to meet with friends/family, safe travels.....more to come this week on the game/match-up with Bob Huggins' Mountaineers.

2022-phil-knight-legacy-tournament-bracket.jpg

Last edited:
I’m excited for the opportunity to surprise some people (even ourselves). Boiler up!
If there is anything I know as a Purdue fan, is never get my hopes up for anything. Maybe we will run this like we did the Bahamas 2017 where we ran wild on Arizona followed by a crazy win streak where we couldn't be stopped...... thanks for coming to my TEd Talk.....

I got tickets to Friday and Sunday, because I think we can beat WVU and would love to see us play Gonzaga. I'm not very optimistic about that game, but it's be a good test.
I think we have a good chance against WVU, but they are deep and will pressure everywhere. Edey needs to stay out of foul trouble and we will need our small lineups to produce as well. Would love to see a game vs Gonzaga!

I look at Purdue much like UNC at this time last year. UNC was still trying to find the right blend of players. And once UNC found that blend, they really took off! The opportunity is in front of us

If there is anything I know as a Purdue fan, is never get my hopes up for anything. Maybe we will run this like we did the Bahamas 2017 where we ran wild on Arizona followed by a crazy win streak where we couldn't be stopped...... thanks for coming to my TEd Talk.....
I’m all for a long win streak, but I’d prefer we don’t finish in 7th place out of 8 teams like we did in 2017 in the Bahamas.

I’m all for a long win streak, but I’d prefer we don’t finish in 7th place out of 8 teams like we did in 2017 in the Bahamas.
I bet you’d wish that Santa delivered a Playboy playmate under the tree every year.... some of us are realists here

I am sure that the kids don't like it, but as a fan I am happy to see us playing on Thanksgiving Day. It will give us something else to watch, instead of what is usually uncompetitive NFL games to watch on that day normally.

Unfortunately, for diehards......still stuck with the day games Bills/Lions and Giants/Cowboys unless you're talking about more than just the Purdue game or plenty of cinema selections as well. Patriots/Vikings is the night game.

I have found myself watching less and less of professional sports with each passing year.....my choice.....and to each his own.

I did catch a couple of Indians' playoff games against the Yankees. What's that....huh? Oh, sorry.......Guardians' games.

Looks like your expectations weren’t very realistic after all.
Hey, I figured we would loss this one too. I told my wife I expected a close game but Duke had too many 5-star players for little old Purdue to win. Yes, I really did! Here I am confessing to that, even though I am also one of those who truly think the 5-star guys don't bring that much of an advantage.

As if we don't have enough to be happy with in Portland right now, all 3 of our opponents will go 2-1, once West Virginia finishes off the blowout of Florida.

CBS still calculates the RPI even though it's largely irrelevant. I guess it's Jerry Palm's baby. Entering today, Purdue was #2. Even if the RPI isn't used, the factors used in it are still part of what makes up the NET.

Of course Florida State lost to Nebraska today to fall to 1-7.

Reactions: indyogb
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT