ADVERTISEMENT

2022/2023 Team Roster

I'll make you a bag you can put over your head. Isn't that what fans of embarrassing programs wear?

One thing we agree on is that Purdue is a quality program. Nothing embarrassing about it.
Hey we agree on something! I don't know what you do with those bags you are making but send me one bag when you make it and I'll make you a skirt so that when you get your panties in a bunch when someone says that "Painter probably wouldn't beat a coaching legend with 13 FF's or that Painter is a good coach" you can put it on.

Hey we agree on something! I don't know what you do with those bags you are making but send me one bag when you make it and I'll make you a skirt so that when you get your panties in a bunch when someone says that "Painter probably wouldn't beat a coaching legend with 13 FF's or that Painter is a good coach" you can put it on.
Good one, but I wear boxers and they don't wad up.

I mean you can say that based in history it would not have happened if you want... but Purdue WAS a better team than Duke that year before the injury. And maybe there have not been other opportunities to beat coach K in the tournament, but both Painter and Keady have beaten Duke in the last 20 years
Painter has never beat Duke...

No. Obviously you don't get it and are too thick to ever get it. Not surprising for you Math-Fanboi types who think you are the "virtuous right kind of Purdue fans". I like Painter and think he is a good coach. Never waivered from that. Painter is not a transformative coach and will never reach a FF. He's just Keady 2.0. Never waivered from that. Not embarrassed by Purdue basketball. What's embarrassing is that a quality program like Purdue hasn't been to a FF in almost 50 years. See the distinction? I didn't think you would. As for the tired Math-Fanboi type of retort of "go find a different team to follow", my degree says otherwise, I don't have a choice. I certainly don't need any advice from your ilk. Next time use rule #7 from the Math-Fanboi handbook. "If someone disagrees with you accuse them of being an IU fan". That rule is the ultimate irony since the leader of the Math-Fanboi fanclub, Math-Fanboi, is an admitted IU fan! You just can't make that stuff up!
I get tired of you disparaging me in these posts for no reason other than to provoke. The names you use are just like those of another poster over on Peegs. I think this confirms you are a not who you say you are. Pretty weak stuff.

I get tired of you disparaging me in these posts for no reason other than to provoke. The names you use are just like those of another poster over on Peegs. I think this confirms you are a not who you say you are. Pretty weak stuff.
Nice paranoid conspiracy theory Math-Fanboi. Unfortunately I don't know what Peegs is you mental midget. A poster on this site said you are toxic and I couldn't agree more with them.

Nice paranoid conspiracy theory Math-Fanboi. Unfortunately I don't know what Peegs is you mental midget. A poster on this site said you are toxic and I couldn't agree more with them.
It was me, and he is a toxic moron. Look at his response to one of my posts. Immediately goes to insults because he has no substance and zero knowledge about basketball. I stay away from insults unless someone throws them my way first.

Reactions: Purdue_BS_90
It was me, and he is a toxic moron. Look at his response to one of my posts. Immediately goes to insults because he has no substance and zero knowledge about basketball. I stay away from insults unless someone throws them my way first.
Well fine sir you don't know how right you are! He engages in a sort of sick paranoia. That's unfortunate since we are all probably on the same side. If you disagree with him you are not a real Purdue fan, or a troll, or are an IU fan, or are some previous poster with a new name, or some other poster on some other WTF site..... It's almost a twisted McCarthyism. The ultimate irony is that he is an admitted IU fan! It's really bizarre.

Reactions: johnboiler123
Well fine sir you don't know how right you are! He engages in a sort of sick paranoia. That's unfortunate since we are all probably on the same side. If you disagree with him you are not a real Purdue fan, or a troll, or are an IU fan, or are some previous poster with a new name, or some other poster on some other WTF site..... It's almost a twisted McCarthyism. The ultimate irony is that he is an admitted IU fan! It's really bizarre.
It is odd to say the least. Guessing he doesn't have much of a social life outside of the internet. He posts like a bitter, lonely, 70 year old man.

• Haha
Reactions: Purdue_BS_90
you are correct, I must have been thinking of North Carolina. I could have sworn we played Duke some time in the last 6 years...

Well... Keady definitely did beat Duke

Matt Painter is 0-2 v. Duke, and the two institutions have not played since the South Regional Semi-Final in the NCAA Tournament of 2010.

Purdue and Duke have met seven times since 1950, and Purdue is 4-3:

2010 - Duke 70-57 (Krzyzewski, Painter)
(NCAA Tournament - South Regional Semi-Final)

2008 - Duke 76-60 (Krzyzewski, Painter)
(Big Ten/ACC Challenge)

2003 - Purdue 78-68 (Keady, Krzyzewski)
(Great Alaska Shootout Championship)

1994 - Duke 69-60 (Krzyzewski, Keady)
(NCAA Tournament - Southeast Regional Final)

1981 - Purdue 81-69 (Keady, Krzyzewski)
(NIT quarterfinals)

1980 - Purdue 68-60 (Rose, Foster)
(NCAA Tournament Mideast Regional Final)

1972 - Purdue 82-77 (Schaus, Waters)
(Las Vegas Classic)

Do you believe these 2 guys hanging all over each other are one in the same. 🤔

Regardless, let's not respond to this little game. So, this can finally end.

Reactions: mathboy

Who? Collegehoopsfan and Purdue_BS?

Wouldn't surprise me if one of these people is our good ole buddy BillyHillIU

When your mind is to tiny and weak that you can't process simple information the Math-Fanboi type resorts to the handy conspiracy theory. So sad that a few toxic posters ruin this site for people who don't agree with them! You can't have a different opinion in the oppressive Math-Fanboi world.

When your mind is to tiny and weak that you can't process simple information the Math-Fanboi type resorts to the handy conspiracy theory. So sad that a few toxic posters ruin this site for people who don't agree with them! You can't have a different opinion in the oppressive Math-Fanboi world.
I'm going to suggest that you say "Math-Fanboi" again. It seems to be gaining traction, but I think it needs to be said at least one more time.

Does this mean I’m gettin to be an internet “influencer”? My whole life I’ve aspired to an influencer. Gosh darn this is great!

:cool:
The only people that you influence are the simpletons who can't stand a difference of opinion and must resort to your tired, lame conspiracy theories. Your toxic ilk has ruined this site. It's unfortunate since there are only three or four of you. Everyone else is decent.

Give the people what they want!

Toxic Math-Fanboi Toxic Math-Fanboi Toxic Math-Fanboi Toxic Math-Fanboi Toxic Math-Fanboi Toxic Math-Fanboi
Toxic Math-Fanboi Toxic Math-Fanboi Toxic Math-Fanboi Toxic Math-Fanboi Toxic Math-Fanboi Toxic Math-Fanboi
Now we just need it made into t-shirts and you're there.

So your complaint is that Matt Painter is not Brad Stevens? Given that MP has outperformed his peers at most comparable institutions by consistently making the NCAAT and reaching six elite eights, is your main point simply that he's not been elite?
He is not even close to elite, there is no debate in that regard...or, certainly should not be.

And, he is definitely not Brad Stevens either...again, no debate.

The main point being made is that he has not overachieved at all in the NCAA tournament, and, he has largely underachieved by most standards given that he has not defeated a clearly superior team (and, in several cases, not even competed with them), yet, lost...multiple times...to clearly inferior teams.

Got me, six SS’s good catch 👍

There’s certainly no data to suggest that MP is a good tournament coach. Again, I’d argue that the real problem is the teams have just not been good enough. Some of that is coaching, some has been injuries, but the majority, with the exception of last year, has been a talent issue.
That team that lost to Kansas was flat loaded, and, they did not just lose...they got run out of the building.

And, genuinely great coaches have the ability to overcome talent issues.

Purdue may not have been the more talented teams at times, but, it still had talent...enough talent in multiple cases.

Give the people what they want!

Dude take your meds.

Dude take your meds.
Majority of his posts are direct hit to Purdue basketball. He continues to bash CMP, Keady and to me the "infamous" IU comeback.....Purdue hasn't been to a FF in 43 years.

It's never a fair disagreement with people like him. Its just an argument and then name calling.

Majority of his posts are direct hit to Purdue basketball. He continues to bash CMP, Keady and to me the "infamous" IU comeback.....Purdue hasn't been to a FF in 43 years.

It's never a fair disagreement with people like him. Its just an argument and then name calling.
Since I am an IU fan, second to Purdue, I do visit their board. In general there is pretty good basketball discussions on there but are very homer oriented, much like ours. Yes, there are a few more idiots that over here, but tolerable. The thread that caught my attention is one predicting a BIG title. According to the fans, IU is the most experienced team in the BIG. I've not fact checked that but I suspect there is some truth in it. Of course, the experienced players could hardly get by the play-in game for the NCAA.

Let's not go down the rabid hate-IU path here. Instead, let's have a rational and reasonable discussion. Evidently some of Michigan's key palyers are staying in the draft. How does Illinios look this year? How about the ever dangerous MSU? I've lost track of who is coming and going because of the COVID nonsense. How does IU look this year with TJD and Race coming back?
Great deflection. Accuse others of the exact poor behavior you engage in. That's rich. As for the IU thing. You said it.

He likes to be the internet tough guy. I'm pretty sure it's Trojan showing us his Napoleon complex.

Dude take your meds.
When your fee-fees are so delicate and get damaged when someone says that Painter is a good coach, or that he is just like Keady(another good coach), or that he wouldn't beat Coach K(a 13 time FF coach), that clearly you are the one that needs to take meds because you don't live in the world of reality.

• Haha
Reactions: Schnelk
I occasionally read and post on the IU basketball free board. I always use the same handle (mathboy) as I do here. They know me to be a Purdue fan through and through, with an interest in any State-of-Indiana basketball team, including IU. I make no bones about my allegiance, and do not post under a false flag as others here may be doing.

Glad I've become so famous (toxic?) that I've rustled some idiots into hateful postings. Made my day. Thanks BS_90 and that other idiot Johnny Boiler!

:cool:

He is not even close to elite, there is no debate in that regard...or, certainly should not be.

And, he is definitely not Brad Stevens either...again, no debate.

The main point being made is that he has not overachieved at all in the NCAA tournament, and, he has largely underachieved by most standards given that he has not defeated a clearly superior team (and, in several cases, not even competed with them), yet, lost...multiple times...to clearly inferior teams.
I'm not sure what your argument with me is here. In this case the OP said: "Butler went to 2 straight FF and had to beat some really good teams to get there. That was mostly coaching." and in doing so held up Brad Stevens as the standard to which to compare Matt Painter. My response was meant to indicate that if you're going to compare Matt Painter to Brad Stevens, MP will absolutely fall short.

I've responded to you several times agreeing that if your measure for Painter's success is purely his NCAAT resume, i.e. how he's performed versus his seed, the results are generally unimpressive to disappointing. What that fails to account for, IMO, is the fact that he has significantly outperformed what one could reasonably expect from a top 20 to 30 program during the regular season. He's doing more with less during the regular season and it's catching up to him in the NCAAT. He needs better players (and better coaching) to reverse that.

That team that lost to Kansas was flat loaded, and, they did not just lose...they got run out of the building. And, genuinely great coaches have the ability to overcome talent issues. Purdue may not have been the more talented teams at times, but, it still had talent...enough talent in multiple cases.
Aside from last year, what Purdue teams do you see as having 'enough' talent to win a National Championship but fell short in the NCAAT without being impacted by major injuries? I guess I'd include the Carsen and Cline team, given that they were a missed FT and a miracle play away from knocking off the National Champions, but I'm drawing a blank on any other teams.

Last edited:
I post under the same name in both places, unlike you.
Since I am an IU fan, second to Purdue, I do visit their board. In general there is pretty good basketball discussions on there but are very homer oriented, much like ours. Yes, there are a few more idiots that over here, but tolerable. The thread that caught my attention is one predicting a BIG title. According to the fans, IU is the most experienced team in the BIG. I've not fact checked that but I suspect there is some truth in it. Of course, the experienced players could hardly get by the play-in game for the NCAA.

Let's not go down the rabid hate-IU path here. Instead, let's have a rational and reasonable discussion. Evidently some of Michigan's key palyers are staying in the draft. How does Illinios look this year? How about the ever dangerous MSU? I've lost track of who is coming and going because of the COVID nonsense. How does IU look this year with TJD and Race coming back?
In addition to you being an IU fan I also heard you are Notre Dame football fan. That is common for IU fans, but shame on you! Rough weekend for you though considering both of your teams lost. Better luck next week!

Last edited:
Aside from last year, what Purdue teams do you see as having 'enough' talent to win a National Championship but fell short in the NCAAT without being impacted by major injuries? I guess I'd include the Carsen and Cline team, given that they were a missed FT and a miracle play away from knocking off the National Champions, but I'm drawing a blank on any other teams.
I think the general consensus is that you need at least 2 NBA guys on the floor to be a FF or NC team. Sure, there are exceptions, but in general, you need at least a couple of guys to be that level of talent. And Purdue had that last year, including a Top 5 pick.
So, did Painter not utilize his talent properly in the tourney? Was he out coached? Fail to adjust?

I think the general consensus is that you need at least 2 NBA guys on the floor to be a FF or NC team. Sure, there are exceptions, but in general, you need at least a couple of guys to be that level of talent. And Purdue had that last year, including a Top 5 pick.
So, did Painter not utilize his talent properly in the tourney? Was he out coached? Fail to adjust?

Wrong. You need a lottery, or near lottery-pick guard/wing to win a NC. That's not consensus, that's fact over the last 20 or so years.

Having a top 5 pick doesn't guarantee that spot... good Lord. Markelle Fultz was picked #1 overall and didn't even make the NCAAT, how many UK/Duke guys go in the lottery and they don't make the FF?

I would say stop being dense... but...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT