ADVERTISEMENT

2019-2020 B1G Opponents

Esox54547

True Freshman
Aug 26, 2017
Big Ten released each school’s conference opponents for next year.

PURDUE
Home: Michigan State, Minnesota, Penn State
Away: Maryland, Nebraska, Ohio State
Home/Away: Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Northwestern, Rutgers, Wisconsin

PURDUE

This looks to be pretty favorable on paper for once.

4 out of 7 teams Purdue plays twice finished in the bottom 7 last year.

Not going to East Lansing is huge. At Nebraska as one of the away games should be a break too as they might be the worst team along with Northwestern next year.

I wish Maryland and Ohio State would be home games as both will likely be top 25 teams next year and Mackey would be rocking. Both will be tough to win away from home, but there will always be some tough breaks with this.

Reactions: Schnelk

PURDUE

5 losses seems very feasible with that schedule

PURDUE

Esox54.....When not following the Boilers, are you chasing Muskies ?

Reactions: Esox54547
That schedule is just what we needed for a reloading year.
I believe the correct word for you is rebuilding. You have 3/4 star recruits coming in. If you were truly reloading then the schedule wouldn’t really matter as you’d have a strong team. You very well could but you have a lot of unknowns right now. Like where is the scoring going to come from now? Can Nojel hit a shot from more than 2 ft from the basket? Will your freshmen be good enough to play major minutes? Things like that.

I believe the correct word for you is rebuilding. You have 3/4 star recruits coming in. If you were truly reloading then the schedule wouldn’t really matter as you’d have a strong team. You very well could but you have a lot of unknowns right now. Like where is the scoring going to come from now? Can Nojel hit a shot from more than 2 ft from the basket? Will your freshmen be good enough to play major minutes? Things like that.
Your opinion, much like your team, does not matter.

There were a lot of unknowns coming into the previous season how did that end elite 8 big 10 champs. Scoring will come from the team offense will be more balanced as for Nojel stay tuned. In 2 months he made drastic improvements on his FTs right now the offense will probably look different more so allowing him more flexibility to be more of a facilitator and shooting the ball yes shooting the ball he’ll have more opportunities to shoot the ball now 5 months of trading best believe he’ll be able to shoot beyond 2 feet. This team will be very good bring back experience size length athleticism shooters inside play and from what I hear pretty good frreshmen class that all can shoot and handle the ball as well. I always say and it’s very true when u get more minutes you become more productive offensively as u can see with Haarms Cline and Grady all offense increased bcuz they all played more minutes same will be for these guys that will be replacing 3 starters. I’m telling u this team will be very very good this season coming up

There were a lot of unknowns coming into the previous season how did that end elite 8 big 10 champs. Scoring will come from the team offense will be more balanced as for Nojel stay tuned. In 2 months he made drastic improvements on his FTs right now the offense will probably look different more so allowing him more flexibility to be more of a facilitator and shooting the ball yes shooting the ball he’ll have more opportunities to shoot the ball now 5 months of trading best believe he’ll be able to shoot beyond 2 feet. This team will be very good bring back experience size length athleticism shooters inside play and from what I hear pretty good frreshmen class that all can shoot and handle the ball as well. I always say and it’s very true when u get more minutes you become more productive offensively as u can see with Haarms Cline Nojel and Grady all offense increased bcuz they all played more minutes same will be for these guys that will be replacing 3 starters. I’m telling u this team will be very very good this season coming up

There were a lot of unknowns coming into the previous season how did that end elite 8 big 10 champs. Scoring will come from the team offense will be more balanced as for Nojel stay tuned. In 2 months he made drastic improvements on his FTs right now the offense will probably look different more so allowing him more flexibility to be more of a facilitator and shooting the ball yes shooting the ball he’ll have more opportunities to shoot the ball now 5 months of trading best believe he’ll be able to shoot beyond 2 feet. This team will be very good bring back experience size length athleticism shooters inside play and from what I hear pretty good frreshmen class that all can shoot and handle the ball as well. I always say and it’s very true when u get more minutes you become more productive offensively as u can see with Haarms Cline and Grady all offense increased bcuz they all played more minutes same will be for these guys that will be replacing 3 starters. I’m telling u this team will be very very good this season coming up

In my mind, you're 1 for 1 right now. That is, your predictions last year were very positive at the beginning of the season. I was hopeful that the team would do well, but more cautious than you at the beginning of the season. I was very pleasantly surprised by the way things turned out. I hope you are right once again. In fact, I hope we'll go at least one step further this next year, and I believe it is possible.

And Nojel does so many things well. His rebounding, his defense, his ability to post up inside, and his attitude. And I was very impressed at the way he improved his free throw shooting. If he continues to improve his free throw shooting, and if he could make a similar improvement with his jump shot, his already significant value to the team would increase dramatically.

In my mind, you're 1 for 1 right now. That is, your predictions last year were very positive at the beginning of the season. I was hopeful that the team would do well, but more cautious than you at the beginning of the season. I was very pleasantly surprised by the way things turned out. I hope you are right once again. In fact, I hope we'll go at least one step further this next year, and I believe it is possible.

And Nojel does so many things well. His rebounding, his defense, his ability to post up inside, and his attitude. And I was very impressed at the way he improved his free throw shooting. If he continues to improve his free throw shooting, and if he could make a similar improvement with his jump shot, his already significant value to the team would increase dramatically.
Let me put it to you like this he was and still is more than what he showed offensively this offense was structured more so for perimeter shooters such as carsen Cline now the offense will be more structured how Nojel plays. He was a scoring machine coming out of HS he played behind seniors he played with exceptional shooters in Cline and carsen now he’s waited patiently for his time and turn to show his skill set and shooting as well as everything else he can do. If he proves he can improve on his FTs in 2 months than what u think gonna happen with 5 months of intense training to get his shooting back to form. Shooting is all confidence well that he has now and that is what he’ll have coming into next season when that happens than he’ll be a very Big problem to deal with. He gone show he the real NE is and his game will expand beyond just being a defender and rebounder he gonna get buckets too bcuz his time has come

Let me put it to you like this he was and still is more than what he showed offensively this offense was structured more so for perimeter shooters such as carsen Cline now the offense will be more structured how Nojel plays. He was a scoring machine coming out of HS he played behind seniors he played with exceptional shooters in Cline and carsen now he’s waited patiently for his time and turn to show his skill set and shooting as well as everything else he can do. If he proves he can improve on his FTs in 2 months than what u think gonna happen with 5 months of intense training to get his shooting back to form. Shooting is all confidence well that he has now and that is what he’ll have coming into next season when that happens than he’ll be a very Big problem to deal with. He gone show he the real NE is and his game will expand beyond just being a defender and rebounder he gonna get buckets too bcuz his time has come
Did Nojel not have 5 months of intense training working on his shot last offseason?

What will give him confidence this season? Why wasnt he able to gain confidence last season?
Freshman year played behind seniors played 12 min a gem. Sophomore year offense ran through carsen and Cline they took most of the shots now junior year the offense shud be structured around he and Matt Haarms offensive style and both will get more opportunities to shoot the ball there u have it. He cud always shoot he didn’t bcuz he had plenty of shooters around him. Still got great shooters on the roster but he will need to score more than he did last season and not just getting to the basket he’ll need to opens things up on the offensive end both inside and outside to help this team out with the new starters gaining experience in newer roles. He’ll come back next season showing more to his game than what was shown bcuz he knows team will need him to step up offensively to help Purdue win games. Watching him the last last his shoot looks good all he needs are reps got plenty of time to spend getting his shot to a place he’s comfortable with it. He’s working on his whole game trust in believe he coming into season with new attitude and swag with a team that is gonna be darn good too.

Freshman year played behind seniors played 12 min a gem. Sophomore year offense ran through carsen and Cline they took most of the shots now junior year the offense shud be structured around he and Matt Haarms offensive style and both will get more opportunities to shoot the ball there u have it. He cud always shoot he didn’t bcuz he had plenty of shooters around him. Still got great shooters on the roster but he will need to score more than he did last season and not just getting to the basket he’ll need to opens things up on the offensive end both inside and outside to help this team out with the new starters gaining experience in newer roles. He’ll come back next season showing more to his game than what was shown bcuz he knows team will need him to step up offensively to help Purdue win games. Watching him the last last his shoot looks good all he needs are reps got plenty of time to spend getting his shot to a place he’s comfortable with it. He’s working on his whole game trust in believe he coming into season with new attitude and swag with a team that is gonna be darn good too.
Respectfully, having seniors and other players in front of you doesn't keep a player from shooting. Sasha, Aaron, and Hunter all attempted plenty of threes this season.

Respectfully, having seniors and other players in front of you doesn't keep a player from shooting. Sasha, Aaron, and Hunter all attempted plenty of threes this season.

Four posts, 'Pete.

No need to be a d!ck. Plenty of players showed dramatic improvement from So to Jr year.

Sit back and enjoy the ride. That's what most PURDUE fans will do.

Simply asking a question.
I’ll ask you some. Have you watched Jel in warmups? He consistently hits threes. Have you seen his HS highlights? Nailing threes. Did you notice how he went from a 25% FT shooter to 80%+ by the end of the year this year? Do you think that may translate to a big step up in his outside shooting next year?

I’ll ask you some. Have you watched Jel in warmups? He consistently hits threes. Have you seen his HS highlights? Nailing threes. Did you notice how he went from a 25% FT shooter to 80%+ by the end of the year this year? Do you think that may translate to a big step up in his outside shooting next year?
Warmups and high school dont matter. He hasnt shown the ability to knock down threes at the collegiate level.

Wait till season you will find out that’s is all take care.
You said the same thing last offseason. You blamed his lack of offense and 3pt shooting on the senior class. Now you are doing the same with Carsen and Cline. He will either put in the effort to become a capable shooter this offseason, or he wont. Last offseason he obviously didn't put in the effort to improve.

You said the same thing last offseason. You blamed his lack of offense and 3pt shooting on the senior class. Now you are doing the same with Carsen and Cline. He will either put in the effort to become a capable shooter this offseason, or he wont. Last offseason he obviously didn't put in the effort to improve.
You are way off base here band your opinions are not welcome, as far as I am concerned.

You are way off base here band your opinions are not welcome, as far as I am concerned.
What's off base? Did his mother not say his 3pt shooting would be better this time last year? She did. It actually got worse. The only explanation for not having any resemblance of a 3pt shot as a guard in basketball is that you dont put in the work. Nojel is physically gifted, but hasn't put in effort to get his game to the next level at this point.

What's off base? Did his mother not say his 3pt shooting would be better this time last year? She did. It actually got worse. The only explanation for not having any resemblance of a 3pt shot as a guard in basketball is that you dont put in the work. Nojel is physically gifted, but hasn't put in effort to get his game to the next level at this point.
The fact that you question his effort tells me you’re aren’t even remotely a Purdue fan.

The fact that you question his effort tells me you’re aren’t even remotely a Purdue fan.
I dont question his effort on the court. Defensively he shows great effort. I do question his effort in developing his game in his off time. There is no reason he cant knock down an open 3 from time to time. 99.9% of guards in college basketball are capable of doing that.

In order for Purdue to reach our full potential next year, Haarms and Tre both need to start with Wheeler at the 3. We cant have Haarms and tre on the court at the same time if Nojel can't shoot from 3.

ADVERTISEMENT