ADVERTISEMENT

2018-2019 Schedule Released

Michigan only once may be a good thing, but only once and first seems unfortunate to me...could have a big impact on final standings.

Michigan only once may be a good thing, but only once and first seems unfortunate to me...could have a big impact on final standings.
Michigan has the easiest schedule in my opinion. The thing that really hurts us is that we only have Rutgers and Illinois at home. Those are teams (along with Northwestern) we would ideally play twice and get 3 extra easy wins. If you dont play them twice, you at least want it to be on the road.

Reactions: Roeder
Unfortunately, they're probably going to lose some games. Hopefully, they will be on an upward trajectory the entire season.

Unfortunately, they're probably going to lose some games. Hopefully, they will be on an upward trajectory the entire season.

The schedule doesn't do any favors. Our "easiest" month is probably February. I'd rather that be our hardest.

Absolutely brutal stretch beginning Nov 29th and ending Jan 11.

https://purduesports.com/schedule.aspx?schedule=2803

Just with a quick glance I have them going 22-9, with a B1G record of 13-7.

There is a chance they start slow at 5-3 or maybe even worst case 4-5, but I think the difficult early stretch will pay dividends later on.

This team should be peaking at end of the year which I like. Should have a good SOS with an opportunity for several quality away from home wins.

Last edited:
Reactions: BoilerIron
Teams we only play at home:
Iowa
Rutgers
Illinois

Teams we only play on the road:
Michigan
Wisconsin
NW

Just get it over with and go to a 26 game schedule!
We just need to dump Rutgers and Northwestern (I'd rather have Maryland than NW). Then everything would be back to manageable. Everyone complains about the unbalanced schedule every year, but this year I think we are getting hosed with the schedule.

Reactions: Roeder
We just need to dump Rutgers and Northwestern (I'd rather have Maryland than NW). Then everything would be back to manageable. Everyone complains about the unbalanced schedule every year, but this year I think we are getting hosed with the schedule.

It's hard to make a conference schedule that doesn't have some winners and losers, impossible to be completely balanced without playing everyone twice. However, as least this year they aren't trying to fit everything in a week earlier, causing multiple one day turnarounds for teams. It's one thing to play a tough team only on the road, it's even worse when you have to play them on a one-day turnaround with travel involved. Then do that again 2 more times in a row. Last year was ridiculous for scheduling.

Reactions: BoilerIron
ADVERTISEMENT