ADVERTISEMENT

#19 Purdue preseason - Blue Ribbon Yearbook

Wait, this can't be right! Where is IU? Where is UM? everyone knows that those teams must surely be better than poor old Purdue at #19.

Wait, this can't be right! Where is IU? Where is UM? everyone knows that those teams must surely be better than poor old Purdue at #19.
This year will be fun for the teams inside Indiana. Between IU, Purdue, Butler, and ND all of those teams have been preseason ranked by at least one site, and in different orders each time. Should make for a very fun crossroads this year.

I just can't wait for Pomeroy to come out with his preseason rankings, I trust those significantly more than any magazine. Plus it means the season is upon us...and that's exciting!

Every team you just named is better than Michigan State. Yet, there they are in yet another top 10. I feel like I know a secret that nobody else knows at this point - that Michigan State is not going to be good.

Every team you just named is better than Michigan State. Yet, there they are in yet another top 10. I feel like I know a secret that nobody else knows at this point - that Michigan State is not going to be good.

I think if you keep telling yourself something over and over then it must be true

I don't know about that Mgk, they have a lot of talent and a good coach. We are putting a lot of faith in Painter to pull together a top 20 team for Purdue. I don't see why the same faith should not be extended to Izzo to do the same.

To me, MSU is our real most hated rival. Screw little brother, and screw the weirdly constructed rivalry with Iowa. It is MSU we compete with in basketball, and it has been since Painter and Izzo took over the BIG.

Reactions: Mgkcbb
I don't know about that Mgk, they have a lot of talent and a good coach. We are putting a lot of faith in Painter to pull together a top 20 team for Purdue. I don't see why the same faith should not be extended to Izzo to do the same.

To me, MSU is our real most hated rival. Screw little brother, and screw the weirdly constructed rivalry with Iowa. It is MSU we compete with in basketball, and it has been since Painter and Izzo took over the BIG.

Thats true - our rival isnt Indiana in basketball. Its MSU. That being said, they are planning on playing Mcquaid and Langford big minutes, so hard to see them being any good.

Thats true - our rival isnt Indiana in basketball. Its MSU. That being said, they are planning on playing Mcquaid and Langford big minutes, so hard to see them being any good.
True, but we are relying on Cline and Haarms. Given their numbers from last season, your predictive method would reflect a similar conclusion about Purdue

True, but we are relying on Cline and Haarms. Given their numbers from last season, your predictive method would reflect a similar conclusion about Purdue

You have a point about Cline, I guess. I happen to think hes better than both Mcquaid and Langford, but theyre similar enough.

HAARMS, on the other hand, is vastly superior to Langford and Mcquaid in my opinion. I dont think its even close, to be honest. True shooting % of .624 in conference play to go along with 7.5(7.5!) blocks per 100 possessions. By comparison, Mcquaid and Langford both had bad defensive ratings on a really good defensive team and Langford had a TS% south of .50. Langford had a net rating of nearly negative 6 in conference play, hes basically nowhere near HAARMS when it comes to impact.

MGK???
Machine Gun Kelly is a Purdue fan????
That's kinda cool!!!!

Reactions: mathboy
ADVERTISEMENT