ADVERTISEMENT

19 points in 2 games , might as well put 5 in the paint.

Who's that ?🤣 oh you mean 6 pts in 2 games for an avg of 3, well he's doing better than the guards 🙄
With Furst and Morton on court.....2 players that most defenses have nothing to worry about! Why it's so easy to double up on Edey! Atleast Morton plays good defense!! Don't know what to think about Furst anymore

what about Furst?
I have not seen anybody mention anywhere about Matt moving from 4 out to 3 out. I've often wondered if really practiced how Purdue would do. Anyway two or three of the best post passes came from playing 3 out instead of 4 out. Typically, throughout the year Matt would sub Trey in for Zach, but for a few minutes he played the two together where Trey fed Zach from the high post and the high low looked good at least for a few minutes.

I've often thought and wrote before that it needed some work in case Purdue needed to play a bit more bully ball inside and pound the people and glass. I know the worry is on D, but it is always a decision of the combined effects on O and D.

Anyway, that surprised me since there hasn't been a hint of that. Can definitely see that as a possible against IU and Race. Anyway, we will see if it gets some legs...

Loyer, Morton, Jenkins, Newman have contributed an avg of 9.5 points combined per game or less than 2.5 per person points per game , a basket plus for each the past 2 games , pretty clear why Edey s got 3 or 4 guys on him.
A lot of Stat majors on this board. 2 games is definitely a large enough sample size to draw conclusions /s. Ignore the previous 20 games that led us to being the unanimous #1 team in the country. Slumps happen. Road games are tough in the big ten. Water will find its level.

A lot of Stat majors on this board. 2 games is definitely a large enough sample size to draw conclusions /s. Ignore the previous 20 games that led us to being the unanimous #1 team in the country. Slumps happen. Road games are tough in the big ten. Water will find its level.
I agree. I think water is finding its level. Purdue wasn't the best team in the country and that's why we've lost 3 of our last 4 games.

Thanks Captain Obvious 🤣 it is not that we are ignoring the outstanding results of the other games as trying to reflect on what has happened over the past couple of games.
Not a Stat major , but I did sleep at a Holiday Inn Express 🤣 so my expertise is validated and why CMP reaches out to me often for the BIG picture analysis. PS ...are you available for parties 🥳.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT