ADVERTISEMENT

#14 Rated Recruiting Class

we are now ranked 3rd in the BIG 10 behind Mich and OSU. that is meaningful and awesome. However, our overall player rating is 84.95 for 12th. in the Big 10. .

With all due respect, I can't take anymore of Wolegib's posts. His predictions are almost always wrong and I find his comments to carry zero value for me. Are you able to 'ignore' or block a user? When reading a thread would like to just jump to more informed comments. Thanks

With all due respect, I can't take anymore of Wolegib's posts. His predictions are almost always wrong and I find his comments to carry zero value for me. Are you able to 'ignore' or block a user? When reading a thread would like to just jump to more informed comments. Thanks

You're pretty funny. You have three posts on this board . and they're all about me. thanks for your contributions. i

As a long time reader, I'll assume you already knew how to ignore or block a poster from your viewing.

I guess you missed my prediction this team would go 6-6 and to a bowl game last year. And despite all the people here calling me crazy, I didn't change my prediction.

Last edited:
Brohm is creating clear separation from the bottom feeders in the conference. Will have enough talent to compete for the big 10 W. Splitting hairs on ranking between fourth and eighth in the Big Ten is just analysis paralysis at this point.

You're pretty funny. You have three posts on this board . and they're all about me. thanks for your contributions. i

As a long time reader, I'll assume you already knew how to ignore or block a poster from your viewing.

I guess you missed my prediction this team would go 6-6 and to a bowl game last year. And despite all the people here calling me crazy, I didn't change my prediction.
You weren't wrong about your prediction and they weren't wrong in calling you crazy!

Last edited:

I guess that should tell you something?

Just click on his user name and a box will pop up;

Profile Page - Follow - Ignore (hit me!)

I may be joining you. I've been message board tronning for 15+ years and have never ignored anyone, and even on much more aggressive/degrading forums, but I'm getting tired of having to scroll through his asinine posts in every single thread. I don't read a word of them.

I may be joining you. I've been message board tronning for 15+ years and have never ignored anyone, and even on much more aggressive/degrading forums, but I'm getting tired of having to scroll through his asinine posts in every single thread. I don't read a word of them.
A Sans-Wolegib board is a completely new and glorious experience. Trust me. Might be a nice guy, but his inane opinions and irrelevant “observations” clutter up the board.

And hey, did you know his son is a college athlete?

I put him on ignore a few months ago and it has made my gbi message board experience much more enjoyable. It's kind of like blocking all of the Huffington Post crap on my facebook feed. My facebook experience also was greatly enhanced once I learned I could block certain sources of links. Life is too short to let total strangers add stress to your life!

Brohm is creating clear separation from the bottom feeders in the conference. Will have enough talent to compete for the big 10 W. Splitting hairs on ranking between fourth and eighth in the Big Ten is just analysis paralysis at this point.
Particularly when coaching isn’t taken into consideration.

I wonder if a few of the lesser talents om the board decommit once bigger talents decide to commit to Purdue

I wonder if a few of the lesser talents om the board decommit once bigger talents decide to commit to Purdue
Attrition happens from before the kids sign to when they step foot on campus. Last class, we lost and OL who quit football and a LB for grades. It's happens so I'm glad to see them getting talent on board while swinging for the fences for Bell et al. I wouldn't mind a 28 player class. Load up, and hang on for the wild ride!!!!

Reactions: BoilerBloodline
Not a naysayer. just tempered enthusiasm. I prefer quality over quantity. I prefer being better than our opponent, rather than being better than our past. A lot of our current rating is based on our quantity. The formulas are based on # of recruits and their rankings. it's nice to have such a lofty rating. but I would prefer it remain as lofty when all of our opponents have an equal amount of commitments.

by some accounts we have 2-4 scholarships left to give out. and there are still a lot of quality recruits still undecided. My hope is that we land all of the recruits we hope to land. I want to add Weaver, Bell, Brit, Graham, Wright, Sampson , Williams, Robinson, just as much as everybody else does. but I also realize that will mean several of our current recruits will leave.

I'll be very happy if we finish with a top 20 recruiting class, but we are a long way from the finish line. I'll save my excitement for signing day.

Reactions: 72Boiler
Not a naysayer. just tempered enthusiasm. I prefer quality over quantity. I prefer being better than our opponent, rather than being better than our past. A lot of our current rating is based on our quantity. The formulas are based on # of recruits and their rankings. it's nice to have such a lofty rating. but I would prefer it remain as lofty when all of our opponents have an equal amount of commitments.

by some accounts we have 2-4 scholarships left to give out. and there are still a lot of quality recruits still undecided. My hope is that we land all of the recruits we hope to land. I want to add Weaver, Bell, Brit, Graham, Wright, Sampson , Williams, Robinson, just as much as everybody else does. but I also realize that will mean several of our current recruits will leave.

I'll be very happy if we finish with a top 20 recruiting class, but we are a long way from the finish line. I'll save my excitement for signing day.

Plan on 25 in this class. I’d be be pleased with a top 40 class this season then continue to improve quality each class.

Plan on 25 in this class. I’d be be pleased with a top 40 class this season then continue to improve quality each class.
I would say this will be a top 25 class. Everyone we take should be a three star or higher by the end of the seaon. With Rivals basing quantity as a big factor in their equation, with us taking 23 to 25 commitments, we will be close. If we can close out with at least a couple (hopefully more) of 4 stars, we should get there.

We are getting spoiled. Not long ago we wouldn't have gotten these guys and now we want more. Brohm and staff sure are changing things.

Reactions: SKYDOG and krf3632
I would say this will be a top 25 class. Everyone we take should be a three star or higher by the end of the seaon. With Rivals basing quantity as a big factor in their equation, with us taking 23 to 25 commitments, we will be close. If we can close out with at least a couple (hopefully more) of 4 stars, we should get there.

Only the top 20 recruits matter for purposes of team rankings

We are getting spoiled. Not long ago we wouldn't have gotten these guys and now we want more. Brohm and staff sure are changing things.

It's 2:00 Pm on a Saturday and no recruits committed. I feel some sort of odd disappointment. Having 2-3 commitments a day has me spoiled. I am constantly watching for the Brady Brohm spoiler alert. I have alerts on for him and I keep staring at my alerts just hoping and waiting.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT