ADVERTISEMENT

14 turnovers!!! Arghh!!!

Amazing we are this close.

Seems like they're trying to play fast, which is good. Unfortunately seems like too many passes are just being thrown to a spot as opposed to an open player, which isn't good. Even with the high number of turnovers, had Purdue hit just 3 or so of their open shots this would be a 5 or 6 point margin. That Maryland 3 pointer at the end of the third quarter hurt, especially following a Purdue missed 3 pointer. I like Purdue's effort today, just playing against a superior team against whom the margin for error is very small.

Reactions: DocRon and TC4THREE
Purdue will get a Tourney bid, thinking a 10-11 seed is in order, personally, hope for a 11, the 8 or 9 seed in the women's game is the worst, playing a #1 seed on their homecourt is awfully tough!

Reactions: DocRon
I'm certainly not(NOT) saying that today's probable loss is the result of officiating but today's refs, and those in the women's game in general are horribly inconsistent and just bad. Using today's refs as example (again, not saying that is why Purdue is losing) the missed over the back, reach in/hack and travelling calls is ridiculous. In the women's game in general it seems that the more aggressive team/players too often get a huge benefit of the doubt. Okay, rant over:).

Reactions: DocRon
I'm certainly not(NOT) saying that today's probable loss is the result of officiating but today's refs, and those in the women's game in general are horribly inconsistent and just bad. Using today's refs as example (again, not saying that is why Purdue is losing) the missed over the back, reach in/hack and travelling calls is ridiculous. In the women's game in general it seems that the more aggressive team/players too often get a huge benefit of the doubt. Okay, rant over:).
I thought the same thing about over the backs, look, I realize Maryland is more athletic and more talented, however, there were numerous times in the first half that fouls should have been called. Purdue at 18-14 without a doubt underperformed this season, should at the least been a 20-22 win season. I expect them to be playing in the NCAA's in two weeks.

Reactions: DocRon and jindy
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT