ADVERTISEMENT

100% CB for Malik Hall

Y'all realize that Millennials are, like, 35, don't you?
I think most people are referring to 25ish and younger when they say millennial, even though as you stated it’s actually a much larger group than that. I’m just south of 30 and I don’t really feel that most people I grew up with fit the mold of what most people consider a millennial.

I think most people are referring to 25ish and younger when they say millennial, even though as you stated it’s actually a much larger group than that. I’m just south of 30 and I don’t really feel that most people I grew up with fit the mold of what most people consider a millennial.
No

My teenage daughter has informed they are not millennials because like IU, millennials suck.

Not 25 and younger. Anyone younger than 22 isn’t a Millennial.
I agree, but what I said was that’s how people use the term “millennial” (incorrectly, as you pointed out). I think most of the traits that are associated with millennials are most often found in the youngest millennials (in the true sense of the term) and the oldest of Gen Z

I use the term millennial because it's kinder than referring to everyone younger than 66 as a young wippersnapper!

Reactions: 70boiler
Not 25 and younger. Anyone younger than 22 isn’t a Millennial.

It sounds like the current kids are going to be called iGeneration
I’ve seen Z Generation too. Millennials are basically low 20s to mid 30s. And it’s the largest generation ever. The Z cohort is much smaller (although still larger than X) and are expected to have different motivators/bahaviors than the millennials. It actually will be interesting to see it play out.

I’ve seen Z Generation too. Millennials are basically low 20s to mid 30s. And it’s the largest generation ever. The Z cohort is much smaller (although still larger than X) and are expected to have different motivators/bahaviors than the millennials. It actually will be interesting to see it play out.
I have seen where they have called Gen X the real Great Generation

Reactions: BoilerBulldog
I use the term millennial because it's kinder than referring to everyone younger than 66 as a young wippersnapper!

or a Sidewindin' Bushwackin', Hornswagglin', Boiler Uppin Cracker Croaker ......

Bishen Cutter.

frontiergibberish.gif

Just a temporary return to the "Millennials" thing.

I turn 50 this year, so to me, they're all a punch of young punks, generally speaking (18, 20, 25, 30, 35)...so, it doesn't really matter that much a couple years one way or the other.

My step-son is 32, and he's just as much a flaming liberal snow bunny as the 20 yr olds...
Now he's married with a kid...so I no longer offend him with logic, reality, and solid reasoning: I offend his whole damn family! Yay ME!!!!

Reactions: NVBoilerFan
We’ve got all 5 picks so far including the top 4 analysts. You know them as Brian Snow, Jerry Meyer, Chris Fisher, and Dain Ervin. The other pick is from the “Brian”(Purdue) equivalent of the university of Illinois I’m told so that’s good as well given that Hall is from Illinois(Chicago-area?). Let’s close this recruitment out strong. I was there for the game this weekend and the weather was very nice, I’d imagine it helped.
giphy.gif

I turn 50 this year, so to me, they're all a punch of young punks, generally speaking (18, 20, 25, 30, 35)...so, it doesn't really matter that much a couple years one way or the other.

My step-son is 32, and he's just as much a flaming liberal snow bunny as the 20 yr olds...
Now he's married with a kid...so I no longer offend him with logic, reality, and solid reasoning: I offend his whole damn family! Yay ME!!!!

what does snow bunny mean to you, cause it certainly means something different to me

I can't imagine how you could possibly offend them.

Reactions: Beeazlebub
Y'all realize that Millennials are, like, 35, don't you?
Not exactly:
Pew Research Centre announced this week that they would be applying the term “millennial” only to those people born between 1981 and 1996. That means all millennials – at least according to Pew – will be between the ages of 22 and 36 in 2018.

no problem...there is a reason "WHY" a president has to be 35 or older.

Reactions: jimsil13
Not exactly:
Pew Research Centre announced this week that they would be applying the term “millennial” only to those people born between 1981 and 1996. That means all millennials – at least according to Pew – will be between the ages of 22 and 36 in 2018.
I don't care what some bunch of ninnies sets the parameters at. I'm sure they wouldn't agree with my parameters for labelling someone an a$$hole but it wouldn't affect my usage of the term.

what does snow bunny mean to you, cause it certainly means something different to me

Point taken...my apologies; that was maybe not the best term to use in this case.

My wife has been trying to teach me ways of being less offensive, after an argument with the boy about politics; (Of course), as soon as I told him it was time to grow up, and join the rest of us in reality...he went running to mommy crying about how mean and offensive I was to him..(hence the sensitivity training)...I'm just a bad student, I guess...

Reactions: tjreese
Point taken...my apologies; that was maybe not the best term to use in this case.

My wife has been trying to teach me ways of being less offensive, after an argument with the boy about politics; (Of course), as soon as I told him it was time to grow up, and join the rest of us in reality...he went running to mommy crying about how mean and offensive I was to him..(hence the sensitivity training)...I'm just a bad student, I guess...
I don't think it was offensive. I always thought a "snow bunny" was a cute girl on the ski slopes. A "snow flake", on the other hand, is a fragile, easily offended young adult who screams at the ski when they don't get their way.

Reactions: Schnelk

No like I would interpret "Snow Bunny" as a white girl as referred to by black guys

As the other guys who responded to you may of meant snow flake.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
No like I would interpret "Snow Bunny" as a white girl as referred to by black guys

As the other guys who responded to you may of meant snow flake.

You think the term 'snow bunny' means a white girl? Never heard that before. Maybe a hot white girl on the slopes?
Now, 'snow flakes', that's a term I'm familiar with and use often.

Reactions: tjreese
You think the term 'snow bunny' means a white girl? Never heard that before. Maybe a hot white girl on the slopes?
Both snowflake and snowbunny are used by black guys to refer to white women.

Last edited:
This. Young people will even refer to their fellow millennials as snowflakes when they become "offended" and respond emotionally rather than have honest debate and discussion. The Millennial Generation is also called the Snowflake Generation.

I remember the snow bunny reference being used to describe girls on the slopes as long as 40 years ago.

Both snowflake and snowbunny are used by black guys to refer to white women.

While I'm a middle aged white guy, I'd consider myself well versed in black culture and I've never heard the term snowflake or snow bunny used to refer to a white girl. I think you made that up.

This. Young people will even refer to their fellow millennials as snowflakes when they become "offended" and respond emotionally rather than have honest debate and discussion. The Millennial Generation is also called the Snowflake Generation.

I remember the snow bunny reference being used to describe girls on the slopes as long as 40 years ago.
I'm an older Millennial (34) and the description you give is pretty spot on. My age group wants you to bring facts to an honest debate to have a discussion that can lead to personal growth. When that doesn't happen and the person reacts like they just had their lollipop taken from them and they are 2 years old...call them a snowflake.

I'm an older Millennial (34) and the description you give is pretty spot on. My age group wants you to bring facts to an honest debate to have a discussion that can lead to personal growth. When that doesn't happen and the person reacts like they just had their lollipop taken from them and they are 2 years old...call them a snowflake.

Does anybody else get annoyed as crap about generation definitions? I don't align myself at all with whatever generation I'm officially considered. Generalizing based on age isn't any more accurate than generalizing based on race.

Every single generation thinks the ones that come after it have it easy and will ruin the world.

I had a boss who ranted about millennials about once a week. I just don't get what his infatuation was. Funny thing is, he was probably technically considered a millennial... or at least within a couple years of the cutoff.

Does anybody else get annoyed as crap about generation definitions? I don't align myself at all with whatever generation I'm officially considered. Generalizing based on age isn't any more accurate than generalizing based on race.

Every single generation thinks the ones that come after it have it easy and will ruin the world.

I had a boss who ranted about millennials about once a week. I just don't get what his infatuation was. Funny thing is, he was probably technically considered a millennial... or at least within a couple years of the cutoff.
I’ve said many times that people complaining about the generation younger than them is a tradition as old as time. And yet somehow, society still functions. It’s almost like those people just like to complain and don’t know what they’re talking about...

I’ve said many times that people complaining about the generation younger than them is a tradition as old as time. And yet somehow, society still functions. It’s almost like those people just like to complain and don’t know what they’re talking about...
Or it could be they've done and seen enough stupid things in life to really know what they're talking about while the younger generation thinks they know all the answers without having completed the class or taken the exam.

While I'm a middle aged white guy, I'd consider myself well versed in black culture and I've never heard the term snowflake or snow bunny used to refer to a white girl. I think you made that up.

You're wrong. If you were that well versed you would know they use that term. Either way not going to argue about something so stupid anymore.

ADVERTISEMENT