ADVERTISEMENT

100% CB for Malik Hall

Very likely a school visit or in-home visit. Based on the time of day it was reported and how it was phrased, probably an in-school visit.

Another random thought....for a few days prior to announcing his commitment, Brandon Newman's Twitter profile picture was empty, just "black". It was immediately returned to a new picture right after his commitment last night.

Malik Hall's Twitter profile picture went black a day or two ago....could be nothing, but it seems like the little things tell more than stupid sh*t like the 247 Crystal Ball.

Another random thought....for a few days prior to announcing his commitment, Brandon Newman's Twitter profile picture was empty, just "black". It was immediately returned to a new picture right after his commitment last night.

Malik Hall's Twitter profile picture went black a day or two ago....could be nothing, but it seems like the little things tell more than stupid sh*t like the 247 Crystal Ball.
When cystal balls are a diff generation ... and twitter is THEIR generation.

I noticed that too.. i wonder if that has anything to do with recruiting. Also, if you stalk his twitter at all, he consistently retweets and likes Purdue comments, but not anyone else.

I noticed that too.. i wonder if that has anything to do with recruiting. Also, if you stalk his twitter at all, he consistently retweets and likes Purdue comments, but not anyone else.

Yes, he and Brandon Newman both. I noticed that they like a lot of each other's stuff as well.

That being said, I try REALLY hard not to read too much into things because: 1) I really judge people that read into every little thing; and 2) I want to live a long life and investing too much emotion into Purdue sports will probably result in a heart attack/stroke if I let it.

When cystal balls are a diff generation ... and twitter is THEIR generation.

It takes work to keep up. Instagram, Snapchat, TwitchTV, Fortnight - all of these are popular forms of social interaction. It may have already happened, but I'm guessing that some higher end recruits will start streaming their own announcements via Twitch, and make $$ while doing so.

Boosters could donate money to a recruit while he plays fortnight - talk about a can of worms about which many are not even aware.

Yes, he and Brandon Newman both. I noticed that they like a lot of each other's stuff as well.

That being said,... 2) I want to live a long life and investing too much emotion into Purdue sports will probably result in a heart attack/stroke if I let it.
YES!! .. although, I have made it to the big seven-oh .... just stay out of here for 48 hours after a loss and use ignore abundantly ... OH, and 3oz of your best every day.

That being said, I try REALLY hard not to read too much into things because: 1) I really judge people that read into every little thing; and 2) I want to live a long life and investing too much emotion into Purdue sports will probably result in a heart attack/stroke if I let it.

As a mother, if there was “Twitter” around when my kids were growing up and all these strange unknown adults were stalking what my kids posted I would be really creeped out!! (Says the old woman....):(

As a mother, if there was “Twitter” around when my kids were growing up and all these strange unknown adults were stalking what my kids posted I would be really creeped out!! (Says the old woman....):(

Lol. I'm in my early 20's, so I take exception to the "strange adult" stereotype.

Reactions: BoilerGal74
What time is the one SF supposed to announce his commitment? The one with like 10 CBs to OU.

That might shake things up.. if OU was even considered that high

I don't know how much the commitment to OU matters. OU can take like 3 more guys and I would figure Hall probably thinks he could beat out that guy anyway since he is lower rated than him. We already have Gillis committed in a similar position But anything helps I suppose

Last edited:
I don't know how much the commitment to OU matters. OU can take like 3 more guys and I would figure Hall probably thinks he could beat out that guy anyway since he is lower rated than him. We already have Gillis committed in a similar position But anything helps I suppose
I would always be content with 5 guys 6'8" or so that can pass, dribble and shoot. ;)

Newman could’ve said the same about the guy Xavier just took days before if he really liked Xavier

Newman could’ve said the same about the guy Xavier just took days before if he really liked Xavier
I have always looked at recruiting like those floors covered with dominoes ... one falls and starts a row going in one direction, then another falls, and it shoots off in a different direction, and another falls, and five other lines start and the process repeats itself. Who grabs the golden ring first and where.

I have always looked at recruiting like those floors covered with dominoes ... one falls and starts a row going in one direction, then another falls, and it shoots off in a different direction, and another falls, and five other lines start and the process repeats itself. Who grabs the golden ring first and where.
In most cases, I agree, and that’s what I was trying to say

I am sure it is different for everyone . But a few things I know # 1 every parent is watching every move their child makes on social media #2 Don't mess with a basketball Mom oh crap I should have probably made that # 1 . Many parents follow me and I follow them mutual respect goes a long way . Many fans get blocked by parents mainly because they don't show respect . The fans are the least of their worries these kids get crazy numbers of text and calls from assistant coaches , coaches , media members , Shoe rep's , AAU teams and more . I know of many parents who have to help with responses so their kid can eat . Just my opinion .

Wouldn't it be nice to see him cancel his Ok. Visit and commit to us. Who knows it might happen. Going ahead and become a Boiler!
I would be ecstatic if that happened. I’m sure Painter coming out to say Hi before he left for Norman was calculated.

I’m sure Malik knew there was a good chance that Hill would commit. I’m sure Kruger will sell him why it doesn’t matter this weekend. Hopefully Painter told him that “I have one scholarship left to give this year and it is for you. I don’t have offers out to anyone else”.

Personally I’m more worried about Izzo and MSU.

Oklahoma night game against Army Saturday 6p. That will be a pretty good crowd and experience to bring Hall in for. The can't sell out lloyd noble arena when they are ranked in BB, but there will be 85,000 loud OU fans packing the football stadium...

Living down here and my wife being an OU alum, we are season ticket holders. I will wear my Purdue hat just in case I run into him :)

2 players recently committed to Oklahoma. Victor Iwuakor, 6'7", 220 lb, PF. Jalen Hill, 6'7" 209 lb, SF.

Malik Hall is 6'7", 210lb. OU might not be good candidate.

Reactions: Roeder
ADVERTISEMENT