ADVERTISEMENT

100% CB for Malik Hall

Boilermaker24

Gold Member
Feb 11, 2016
We’ve got all 5 picks so far including the top 4 analysts. You know them as Brian Snow, Jerry Meyer, Chris Fisher, and Dain Ervin. The other pick is from the “Brian”(Purdue) equivalent of the university of Illinois I’m told so that’s good as well given that Hall is from Illinois(Chicago-area?). Let’s close this recruitment out strong. I was there for the game this weekend and the weather was very nice, I’d imagine it helped.

We’ve got all 5 picks so far including the top 4 analysts. You know them as Brian Snow, Jerry Meyer, Chris Fisher, and Dain Ervin. The other pick is from the “Brian”(Purdue) equivalent of the university of Illinois I’m told so that’s good as well given that Hall is from Illinois(Chicago-area?). Let’s close this recruitment out strong. I was there for the game this weekend and the weather was very nice, I’d imagine it helped.

Not to be a spoilersport but I would but no confidence at this point in the predictions

with Hall having his visit to Purdue there is such a little chance of him committing anywhere else it is smart to change their pick to Purdue. Crystal balls are only as accurate as they because they can pretty much game the system or get last second leaks.

Having anything but Purdue when a supposed purdue lean is on a purdue visit could hurt their pecentage.if he just decided to end his recruitment here

Last edited:
Hey, at the very least, maybe some other schools start to back off a bit, look for other options and Purdue stays strong in the driver seat.

If a program offers a recruit and you get him to come to your school, you are taking him away from that program.

Seems like an odd description. "Taking" implies that the other program had him, or was at least their's to lose.

If we go to the grocery store and I buy the last banana 5 minutes before you, you can't say that I "took it" from you.

Not to be a spoilersport but I would but no confidence at this point in the predictions

with Hall having his visit to Purdue there is such a little chance of him committing anywhere else that it is smart to change their pick to Purdue. Crystal balls are only as accurate as they because they can pretty much game the system or get last second leaks.

Having anything but Purdue when a supposed purdue lean is on a purdue visit could hurt their pecentage.if he just decided to end his recruitment here

I agree.

Franklin was up to around 80% for Purdue... until he wasn't.
Okoro was also around 80% for Purdue... until he wasn't.

collins.jpg

Seems like an odd description. "Taking" implies that the other program had him, or was at least their's to lose.

If we go to the grocery store and I buy the last banana 5 minutes before you, you can't say that I "took it" from you.
Recruiting is a zero sum game. The school that lands the kid is "taking" them from the other schools in the sense that they're no longer available for the other schools. Taking doesn't necessarily require prior ownership, for instance I can take a penny off the ground, take a break, take a nap, etc. I would say that the phrase "stealing" is more accurately what you're describing (i.e. an in state school has recruited player X for years, they're leaning toward that school, then another, out of state school swoops in at the 11th hour and steals them).

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
Full disclosure - this is on the conspiracy side of things but just indulge me.

Eric Hunter was doing the question feature on Instagram yesterday. For those who don’t know what that is, anyone who watches your story can type a question to you and you can reply. The replies are added to your story.

UwaZpSq_d.jpg

Now you are probably saying - who asked him that? Well this is where we go down the rabbit hole a bit.

Looking at who follows him and who he follows - trying to notice anything glaring. Well turns out Malik follows Hunter but Hunter doesn’t follow Malik.

Again this is all speculation and conspiracy theory. I do not claim this to be anything else.

Random thought but - Its crazy how much taller Aaron Wheeler and Nojel Eastern are than Evan Boudreax.

Like Nojel Eastern is considered a point guard, and Im pretty sure hes bigger than Evan Boudreax. That is crazy to think about his size.

Random thought - I sometimes call my kids by the wrong name....but I think this is worse.

Eric Hunter was doing the question feature on Instagram yesterday. For those who don’t know what that is, anyone who watches your story can type a question to you and you can reply. The replies are added to your story.

UwaZpSq_d.jpg

Now you are probably saying - who asked him that? Well this is where we go down the rabbit hole a bit.

Looking at who follows him and who he follows - trying to notice anything glaring. Well turns out Malik follows Hunter but Hunter doesn’t follow Malik.

Again this is all speculation and conspiracy theory. I do not claim this to be anything else.
Well now I am just convinced. Just because I want what you said to be true.

Recruiting is a zero sum game. The school that lands the kid is "taking" them from the other schools in the sense that they're no longer available for the other schools. Taking doesn't necessarily require prior ownership, for instance I can take a penny off the ground, take a break, take a nap, etc. I would say that the phrase "stealing" is more accurately what you're describing (i.e. an in state school has recruited player X for years, they're leaning toward that school, then another, out of state school swoops in at the 11th hour and steals them).

Agreed. But the original quote was "Take a recruit from Izzo". When it's phrased like that, it certainly implies prior ownership.

In my example, you can say that I took a banana from the store. But you can't say that I took the last banana from you just because you were also shopping for bananas a little bit later than me.

Reactions: bled1720
Agreed. But the original quote was "Take a recruit from Izzo". When it's phrased like that, it certainly implies prior ownership.

In my example, you can say that I took a banana from the store. But you can't say that I took the last banana from you just because you were also shopping for bananas a little bit later than me.
Lets say you tell everyone that you want to buy that last banana (you MSU make a scholarship offer). I grab that last banana from the store and deprive you of gaining it yourself (the kid signs with Purdue). I don’t think of it as stealing, but it is outrecruiting.

Lets say you tell everyone that you want to buy that last banana (you MSU make a scholarship offer). I grab that last banana from the store and deprive you of gaining it yourself (the kid signs with Purdue). I don’t think of it as stealing, but it is outrecruiting.
I like bananas

UwaZpSq_d.jpg

This is really good btw lol. Thanks for posting.

Saw that Victor Iwuakor just commited to Oklahoma. Top 100 6’-8” post player. Wonder if that has any impact on Hall with his official visit to OU looming this weekend.
Don’t think it impacts us since he is a 5 not a 3/4.

This kid is announcing on Thursday or Friday and I wonder if this would have more of an impact since they are both wings.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT