ADVERTISEMENT

#1 schedule strength

True, but we lost all of the showcase games. We are going to be looking to get a tourney bid with less than 20 wins per BTT. could be a nailbiter. Would have liked to get at least one of those over the ACC and Texas

Reactions: JohnHoosierr
I'd believe it. This schedule has been ridiculous. We lost most of those tough games by only a few. The only butt-kickings we took were at Michigan and at Michigan State.

If this team can get to 20 wins through the Big Ten Tournament, I think they'll get in the NCAA Tournament. It won't be easy, but I think they could do it.

True, but we lost all of the showcase games. We are going to be looking to get a tourney bid with less than 20 wins per BTT. could be a nailbiter. Would have liked to get at least one of those over the ACC and Texas

You just need good wins. If your resume stinks, then yes non-conference wins are important. Last year, for example, Nebraska only had 1 good win - all season! So yes, their lack of good non-conference wins mattered. However, with the strength of the Big Ten this year, it's not going to be a big deal. If we have the #1 schedule now, I'd imagine we'd end up in the top 10 after the Big Ten season as well. As long as we avoid laying multiple eggs and get some good wins - especially road games like last night help - then we'll be fine.

I do think Purdue still has some big things to continue to work on. Our defense has a ways to go still, especially to make up for our offensive sputtering. It's not surprising and we knew this going into the season, but we haven't ironed out consistent offense just yet. Carsen had points last night, but rather inefficiently (Trey what's his name like game). We're seeing our young guys have solid showings here and there - when they cobble together, we'll be a tough out. I said it over and over going into the season...I didn't think we were a ranked team going into the season, but we'll be a very different/better team from start to finish. If we do make the NCAA Tournament, I think we could very well be under-seeded based on where are team is at March (vs. December) if our younger guys continue to develop and become more consistent and we shore up the defense a bit more.

You just need good wins. If your resume stinks, then yes non-conference wins are important. Last year, for example, Nebraska only had 1 good win - all season! So yes, their lack of good non-conference wins mattered. However, with the strength of the Big Ten this year, it's not going to be a big deal. If we have the #1 schedule now, I'd imagine we'd end up in the top 10 after the Big Ten season as well. As long as we avoid laying multiple eggs and get some good wins - especially road games like last night help - then we'll be fine.

I do think Purdue still has some big things to continue to work on. Our defense has a ways to go still, especially to make up for our offensive sputtering. It's not surprising and we knew this going into the season, but we haven't ironed out consistent offense just yet. Carsen had points last night, but rather inefficiently (Trey what's his name like game). We're seeing our young guys have solid showings here and there - when they cobble together, we'll be a tough out. I said it over and over going into the season...I didn't think we were a ranked team going into the season, but we'll be a very different/better team from start to finish. If we do make the NCAA Tournament, I think we could very well be under-seeded based on where are team is at March (vs. December) if our younger guys continue to develop and become more consistent and we shore up the defense a bit more.
I would love a 6 or 7 seed to be on the bottom half of some bracket

I’d take a 6 seed all day long; which I feel is a better path than getting a 5 (vs a 12) and typically a conference champion. The 8/9 game is the worst game to be as you get a 1 seed in the 2nd game.

Reactions: Frankie611
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT