ADVERTISEMENT

1 or more over scholarship limit still

You are absolutely right 85 and thank you for making my point as to how hypocritical this board is. nobody other than you found offense with my terminology of the players who left.

and I would guess if certain other posters here used that same description, you wouldn't have raised a finger against those other posters to defend those players would you? it's only when I degrade a player that you get all huffy about it. Why do you hold me to a different standard than anybody else? it's almost as you're stalking my posts waiting to pounce

Should we actually call a player who never played a down and left after one year a Boilermaker as you suggest? Or should we instead refer to them by their true name - a student athlete? that's what they really are, and that's what we should refer them as.

there are a lot of student athletes out there using their athletic skills to try to get an education. and some of those students athletes go to different universities. but you have no problem calling them or their fans names, do you? you've been calling those student athletes names since 1985, and probabl y before, and you have no regrets or remorse, do you? Unless they transfer to purdue.

So let me take my Purdue hat off for a minute and put my USF hat on. if I was from USF and used a different name, and called Hazell's players' losers, you'd probably agree. if I put my IU hat on, you'd call me a troll.

the fact is, you hold double standards for certain posters. and you always love to argue with certain other posters. and yo u always defend the fort against whom you believe to be IU posters. and you love to attack MSU.

the facts are brohm asked and encouraged a lot of players to leave. Why? because he found better players. and some players left for other reasons.

You can keep getting all over my case if you want. But NOBODY else did. and what's that say about this board? They basically agreed with me. They LOVE name calling.

Bigs, I didn't make YOUR point, I pointed out the massive holes in your point.

What's more ... I made MY point.

Even more, I'm not "stalking (your) posts, waiting to pounce", your posts just beg for a facepalm... followed by a slow, (sometimes not so) patient explanation of how off base you are.

I haven't begun to get ... "on (your) case". I point out the obvious, no doubt. Which, I guess, you could take as getting "on (your) case". There are so many more I just look at with a furrowed brow, shake my head, and move on.

And, yes, I have called out other posters for making such disparaging comments about our student athletes. Clearly, you're not paying attention.

What's more, I don't ... "defend the fort" ... or any such stupidity. I certainly do call out the IU losers who just cannot live without the validation of people on the Purdue forum. And, when they claim "IU" in their moniker, I think it's safe to say they're IU fans. (Not sure if that one escaped you or not, but that's a pretty good "tell".)

Now... if you don't like my responses to some of your really odd takes, and if it gets under your skin THAT much, you might want to avoid posting.

Or not. Doesn't matter to me. If you choose to post, (which, I hope you do) stop your d@mn complaining.

For the record, and since you asked, I don't like referring to any student athletes as "losers". I'll leave that to you, no matter what hat you choose to wear (as if it makes a difference).

B*tch about Purdue all you want. If there's merit, fine. If you're just going to trash players and coaches like you've done before, you'll be called on it (whether I call you out alone or not, I don't care).

Well I feel somewhat dragged into this since I’m the OP and “no one else is posting”, for the record, anybody that goes to college as an athlete is definitely not a loser, something like less than <2% of high school athletes get some form of scholarship. And frankly, every game played has a loser. In the pros there’s been 1 undefeated champion, in D1 there’s less than 1 undefeated season per year.

You both know how bad/average this program has been over the last 15 years, winning 7+ games only 4 seasons. Or over the last 12 years only bowl eligible 4 times. Little Caesar’s bowl anyone?

So focus on the positives. Purdue football is exciting again, it is recruiting well, depth is developing, stays in most games, has a lot of promise on the offensive and defensive sides of the ball, and I even feel good about special teams.

Since strength of schedule doesn’t seem to matter anymore, I’d like to see our future non-conference scheduling adjust to play different opponents. Indiana won 8 games last year and didn’t beat a team with a winning record, yet was ranked. Blows my mind.

It also blows my mind that we had a night game on the west coast last year and was playing until like 1 am local time. Unacceptable.

So many posters focus on beating IU, let’s set our sights higher. I want the team to beat Minnesota, Wisconsin and Iowa in the same year and have a chance to not only win the bucket but get to a BIG10 conference championship game. That’s the focus.

My last thoughts are that I’m confused why two grown men respond to each other so much. It’s like an old married couple bickering, or two brothers, I’ll let you pick which. You know you could ignore each other or the others post, right? You both are Purdue fans, don’t forget that.

I’ll leave this video for you both, I think it’s very good and worth the two minutes.

The thread is about scholarships. With DJ Johnson seemingly on board, and Garvin NOT on scholarship, it looks like Purdue is (2) two over the limit.

Last edited:
Reactions: wakeman2626
Well I feel somewhat dragged into this since I’m the OP and “no one else is posting”, for the record, anybody that goes to college as an athlete is definitely not a loser, something like less than <2% of high school athletes get some form of scholarship. And frankly, every game played has a loser. In the pros there’s been 1 undefeated champion, in D1 there’s less than 1 undefeated season per year.

You both know how bad/average this program has been over the last 15 years, winning 7+ games only 4 seasons. Or over the last 12 years only bowl eligible 4 times. Little Caesar’s bowl anyone?

So focus on the positives. Purdue football is exciting again, it is recruiting well, depth is developing, stays in most games, has a lot of promise on the offensive and defensive sides of the ball, and I even feel good about special teams.

Since strength of schedule doesn’t seem to matter anymore, I’d like to see our future non-conference scheduling adjust to play different opponents. Indiana won 8 games last year and didn’t beat a team with a winning record, yet was ranked. Blows my mind.

It also blows my mind that we had a night game on the west coast last year and was playing until like 1 am local time. Unacceptable.

So many posters focus on beating IU, let’s set our sights higher. I want the team to beat Minnesota, Wisconsin and Iowa in the same year and have a chance to not only win the bucket but get to a BIG10 conference championship game. That’s the focus.

My last thoughts are that I’m confused why two grown men respond to each other so much. It’s like an old married couple bickering, or two brothers, I’ll let you pick which. You know you could ignore each other or the others post, right? You both are Purdue fans, don’t forget that.

I’ll leave this video for you both, I think it’s very good and worth the two minutes.

The thread is about scholarships. With DJ Johnson seemingly on board, and Garvin NOT on scholarship, it looks like Purdue is (2) two over the limit.
  1. nobody dragged you in
  2. this is a forum; people frequently respond to each other; there are a number of frequent posters with whom I engage; I don't keep track, and neither should you
  3. there is very little "focus on IU"; most of the "IU stuff" is back and forth, due to some of the inane/idiotic stuff posted; if something warrants a response/correction, I will do so, and I encourage other to do so
  4. there's more, but it might not be perceived as being very nice, and I'm going to kick off a great week
  5. Boiler up, and play football

You want specifics ??? I'll give you some.

QBs currently on the roster :

Plummer
O'Connell
Piferi
Alaimo
Burton

there are also a couple of walk-ons, and several QBs who were recruited to play other positions.

Forget their stars.

Did Alaimo enroll early ? I don't know.

But that's 5 young QBs - none with a lot of experience. You could say /admit the field is wide open. It would have been nice to have a Spring game maybe one of the above would have risen to the top. but alas.

the question stated we are 2 over scholarship wise. Where do you think somebody will leave from. My answer was either a lineman who didn't bulk up or one of our QBs who falls to 5th on the depth chart.

if Burton wins the starting job, is Plummer going to be happy as a back-up? Then again, would Plummer actually be #2 ? Or could O'Connell pass him up? What if Alaimo claims the #2 or 3 spot? Is Pifiri going to be happy on the bottom? or maybe he'll move up.

my simple point is if somebody is about to transfer away from purdue, in order for us to get under our max, I believe it will be one of the QBs listed above. And I don't believe it will be Burton or O'Connell.

NAT _ I tried to be brief in my initial response thinking our posters were smart enough to realize what i was implying. purdue 85 realized exactly what I was saying.

basically, we're going to have 1-2 unhappy Qbs on the bottom of our depth chart. We're recruiting hard to land another 4 star QB to add to the mix next year. Doing the math, much like Alstott, barring injuries, there are 2 QBs above who will never throw a pass for purdue. I' m speculating one of those two will realize it , and move on.
You make a good point. I actually could see Plummer leaving if he does not fit into the top two positions this year. But I don’t think he would leave right now not after his injury unless he gets wind that because of the injury and because of COVID-19 and that disruption he would be granted an immediate waiver?

You make a good point. I actually could see Plummer leaving if he does not fit into the top two positions this year. But I don’t think he would leave right now not after his injury unless he gets wind that because of the injury and because of COVID-19 and that disruption he would be granted an immediate waiver?
Will be our QB the next 3 years in my opinion. Not going anywhere.

Grades are out and there was no immediate announcement of anyone entering the portal, since Jordan Rucker, only an announcement of highest team GPA.

I hate to see guys go, unless they are a major distraction/problem, and my feelings are like Matt Painter and the importance of getting your degree and utilizing the Purdue network.

However, unfortunately there has to be more to leave. While I could pick out individual players, I know I wouldn’t want fan message boards of my college posting things about me to leave.

I’m going to stick to position groups, I think we will see some more turnover from WR, OL and/or DE positions. Anyone hear anything?

We have our answers for Purdue's 2 over the limit question. Two medical scholarships. Purdue is now at the max of 85.

Center Viktor Beach is not a huge surprise. Hope he doesn't have back problems the rest of his life. Disappointing he was an upperclassman OL though, especially at center, I'm sure Purdue would have liked him to be healthy.

Linebacker Crishawn Long, I do not know much about or his injury. Hopefully he did what was best for him.

Good luck to both. Thank you for your contributions.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT