ADVERTISEMENT

You know, I don't think they get the concept of "flipping."

RegionWarrior101

Junior
Gold Member
Dec 9, 2014
2-1-9
With a house, a flip job you get a good value, improve the look, raise the value as fast as you can, then sell.

Paint everything beige, stock furnishings, keep the same floor plan, etc. For a football team it would be to bring in a bunch of JUCOs, win quick, then you are good to go.

This Purdue Football job is like rebuilding, but not any rebuild, a rebuild in a historic district where finishes and paint colors must be approved by an HOA. You need to present plans (One Brick Higher, A Players Get As, Football Summit, 2020, etc.) which the HOA must read. It is the opposite of a flip job really. It looks like a guy who tries to rehab a place as a hobby then runs out of money or interest 1/3 way through.

The thing is I don't think the players are that bad. Is Danny Ezechekwu just too slow at outside LB? Yes. But I can't think of one other guy when sting smart who is just far below big ten level.

Look at John fox with the Bears. The guy is showing you what a 5-11 team that was getting 50 hung on them habitually looks like with good coaching. Their no name TE had two tds... One for 87 yards.

Do I think we'd be great? No. But this team has been good enough against MSU, Nebraska and NU with these coaches to suggest that with real coaches, 5-5 was probably very realistic based on the talent.

If this team won every game where they belonged or should have belonged on the same field ... They'd be 8-2 with losses to Wisconsin and Virginia Tech

I don't see why going after a few JUCO players would be a bad thing. The 5th yr transfer has worked for Painter. I understand that is a tad different but with football why not get a JUCO with experience then a MAC level 2* recruit who doesn't see the field for 2+ yrs.

Jucos take a year to assimilate to a higher level and to system. Finding Jucos that do much their first year is very rare

3 or so a year is fine. Any more is a sign of desperation

Need a coach that has a totally different attitude and then that attitude transfers to the team. The coach now seems like he accepts losing and its no big deal, all you gotta do is have a list of excuses ready and get the support of the AD

Reactions: Redhotfill
The thing is I don't think the players are that bad. Is Danny Ezechekwu just too slow at outside LB? Yes. But I can't think of one other guy when sting smart who is just far below big ten level.

Look at John fox with the Bears. The guy is showing you what a 5-11 team that was getting 50 hung on them habitually looks like with good coaching. Their no name TE had two tds... One for 87 yards.

Do I think we'd be great? No. But this team has been good enough against MSU, Nebraska and NU with these coaches to suggest that with real coaches, 5-5 was probably very realistic based on the talent.

If this team won every game where they belonged or should have belonged on the same field ... They'd be 8-2 with losses to Wisconsin and Virginia Tech
D, this team with the current personnel was good enough to beat NW, Marshall, and Bowling Green. Those losses were all on the coaching staff.

Reactions: FLAG HUNTER
Need a coach that has a totally different attitude and then that attitude transfers to the team. The coach now seems like he accepts losing and its no big deal, all you gotta do is have a list of excuses ready and get the support of the AD

Losing is not a big deal when you make $191,666 EACH GAME! I'm sure nothing bother's ole coach when he thinks what he's going to spend all that after taxes cash on.

Reactions: FLAG HUNTER
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT