ADVERTISEMENT

You couldn’t see the impact on recruiting yesterday IF we close the season strong

BCfanatic2020

All-American
Jan 5, 2020
Yesterday was the kind of game 2023 and beyond recruits from Indiana and beyond watch and think .. I wanna go there. It always helps if some kid from Indy watches the Wisconsin game and doesn’t see us come right back to earth .. but you get my point.

we can’t see the impact of last night because we don’t know how many players who wouldn’t have given much thought to Purdue watch that and begin the process being very receptive to hearing from Purdue …

And that goes for transfer offensive linemen or a transfer DE who might bridge the gap between Karlaftis and Strickland and on and on. A safety who could be watching Marvin grant lay the wood and think “hey I’m a big hitting safety, why can’t I take over when Marvin grant leaves in a couple years” etc..

Yesterday was the kind of game 2023 and beyond recruits from Indiana and beyond watch and think .. I wanna go there. It always helps if some kid from Indy watches the Wisconsin game and doesn’t see us come right back to earth .. but you get my point.

we can’t see the impact of last night because we don’t know how many players who wouldn’t have given much thought to Purdue watch that and begin the process being very receptive to hearing from Purdue …

And that goes for transfer offensive linemen or a transfer DE who might bridge the gap between Karlaftis and Strickland and on and on. A safety who could be watching Marvin grant lay the wood and think “hey I’m a big hitting safety, why can’t I take over when Marvin grant leaves in a couple years” etc..
Great point, I was thinking the same thing that that impressive win could be great for recruiting. It was all over the national sports media yesterday... ESPN talked about it a lot yesterday and today as well. Those kind of games really should help Brohm's recruiting efforts moving forward. Also with Drew Brees weighing in as well about how proud and excited he was with the win was also pretty cool.

Especially nice since the quality of the Indiana recruits seems to be on the upswing the last couple of years. Another good recruit in WL and some up in Merrillville.

hopefully we get Trevor Lauck, usually these Indy OL guys find their way to Iowa

Reactions: DavidBoiler

I am completely in agreement with you. I think that game also proves that the 2018 victory over Ohio State is not a fluke for CJB. There will be plenty of kids in the transfer portal who say “I think I want to put on a Purdue jersey next year because they are a bit thin on the depth chart so I know I’ll get on the field and they can beat the really good teams“. And then of course there will be plenty of kids in high school who pull the trigger for the same reason. The impact will be on both sides, but make no mistake about it the transfer portal will be an impact much quicker!!

I am completely in agreement with you. I think that game also proves that the 2018 victory over Ohio State is not a fluke for CJB. There will be plenty of kids in the transfer portal who say “I think I want to put on a Purdue jersey next year because they are a bit thin on the depth chart so I know I’ll get on the field and they can beat the really good teams“. And then of course there will be plenty of kids in high school who pull the trigger for the same reason. The impact will be on both sides, but make no mistake about it the transfer portal will be an impact much quicker!!
If we were able to get a middle linebacker, RG, LT and SSDE who could play well next year I’d be elated.

Hopefully this isn't a wasted scholarship on a 2 star recruit, but Brohm and co made the right decision to keep the West Lafayette pipeline open. At least this is at a premium position at DT as well. We always need bodies there.

This dude is really good... Like legit. Hasn't really been evaluated correctly by rivals or 247... That'll change soon. Certain coaches labeled him a must get.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT