ADVERTISEMENT

Yet another Friday night

Barr may actually be the biggest threat to the country. Trump is at least stupid and incompetent. Barr knows what he’s doing. I hold no hope whatsoever that Republican elected officials will do anything other than turn a blind eye to the malfeasance. This reeks of desperation, hope the SDNY can speed up whatever they’re working on that Barr and Trump don’t want released.

Barr may actually be the biggest threat to the country. Trump is at least stupid and incompetent. Barr knows what he’s doing. I hold no hope whatsoever that Republican elected officials will do anything other than turn a blind eye to the malfeasance. This reeks of desperation, hope the SDNY can speed up whatever they’re working on that Barr and Trump don’t want released.
There is only one way to read this.......I encourage my trump friends to argue otherwise.

Barr wanted to fire Berman but couldn't as Berman was appointed and not Senate confirmed. So Barr essentially made a power play, announcing Berman was "stepping down".......when in reality Berman had no intention of doing so. He called Barr's bluff.....now forcing Barr to make a public spectacle to try and remove him, something they were obviously trying to avoid with the Friday night announcement. If he doesn't, the Senate is now forced to rush through a confirmation that will also be very public......and controversial.

Berman was the guy who went after Cohen, Parnas, Fruman.......and is currently investigating.......you guessed it, Rudy Giuliani.

The man trump wants to replace Berman has zero litigation or prosecutorial experience. And yet he's supposed to lead the SDNY.

This is simply a continuation of the post impeachment purge. The Senate enabled trump through their clear refusal to even appear as if they are holding him accountable. This is trump going after a prosecutor who is investigating his gang.....and using his biased AG to do so.
Barr gave no cause for trying to fire Berman.......same as all the IGs that have been forced out. And this is not just "trump has the right to put in his own people". There has to be legitimate reasons for removing these officials.......and being disloyal or investigating corruption by this admin are not two of them.

This stinks to high heaven. This is yet another example of trump obstructing justice.

This authoritarian government is the price we pay for having a great economy. Not worth it for me.

Last edited:
So since Barr couldn't do it to make things appear a little less fishy, Trump has now had to do his dirty work himself and fire the US attorney who was investigating trump associates and allies, including his lawyer Rudy.

At least there were respectable republicans around to stop it when Nixon tried to pull this shit.
Republicans from Nixon’s administration knew what they were doing by creating their propaganda machine. Control the minds of their followers and they’ll never be held accountable. The entire party is despicable.

Barr’s letter to Berman asserts that he & Berman had been in discussions about promotion to another job, SEC chair maybe.
But of course Berman would have remembered that Barr & Trump played this same trick before.
To clear out the US Attorney for the District of Columbia, Jessie Liu, Trump offered a promotion to a big job at Treasury. Once Liu resigned, the promotion was yanked away on grounds that Liu was insufficiently loyal to Trump.

Barr’s letter to Berman asserts that he & Berman had been in discussions about promotion to another job, SEC chair maybe.
But of course Berman would have remembered that Barr & Trump played this same trick before.
To clear out the US Attorney for the District of Columbia, Jessie Liu, Trump offered a promotion to a big job at Treasury. Once Liu resigned, the promotion was yanked away on grounds that Liu was insufficiently loyal to Trump.
That was another shitshow that got very little attention.

There is only one way to read this.......I encourage my trump friends to argue otherwise.

Barr wanted to fire Berman but couldn't as Berman was appointed and not Senate confirmed. So Barr essentially made a power play, announcing Berman was "stepping down".......when in reality Berman had no intention of doing so. He called Barr's bluff.....now forcing Barr to make a public spectacle to try and remove him, something they were obviously trying to avoid with the Friday night announcement. If he doesn't, the Senate is now forced to rush through a confirmation that will also be very public......and controversial.

Berman was the guy who went after Cohen, Parnas, Fruman.......and is currently investigating.......you guessed it, Rudy Giuliani.

The man trump wants to replace Berman has zero litigation or prosecutorial experience. And yet he's supposed to lead the SDNY.

This is simply a continuation of the post impeachment purge. The Senate enabled trump through their clear refusal to even appear as if they are holding him accountable. This is trump going after a prosecutor who is investigating his gang.....and using his biased AG to do so.
Barr gave no cause for trying to fire Berman.......same as all the IGs that have been forced out. And this is not just "trump has the right to put in his own people". There has to be legitimate reasons for removing these officials.......and being disloyal or investigating corruption by this admin are not two of them.

This stinks to high heaven. This is yet another example of trump obstructing justice.

This authoritarian government is the price we pay for having a great economy. Not worth it for me.
Again, providing you with a very basic civics lesson, U.S. attorneys serve at the discretion of the President. Perhaps that's not the way it should be but that's the way it is. Bill Clinton dismissed all 93 of them when he came into office and I'll bet you had no problems whatsoever with that. Everything is now a 'conspiracy'? Please.

Again, providing you with a very basic civics lesson, U.S. attorneys serve at the discretion of the President. Perhaps that's not the way it should be but that's the way it is. Bill Clinton dismissed all 93 of them when he came into office and I'll bet you had no problems whatsoever with that. Everything is now a 'conspiracy'? Please.
Yes they do. So as long as it's legal for the president to fire a US attorney who is investigating his lawyer and associates, you're fine with it. Doesn't matter if it's swampy, looks like a cover-up, or violates all presidential norms......as long as it's not illegal you're good.

Let me put this in caps so you might be able to grasp it.
THESE KINDS OF ACTIONS ARE WHY INVESTIGATIONS ARE STARTED. IMPEACHMENT IS THE ONLY WAY TO STOP THIS KIND OF BEHAVIOR. IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH A HATRED OF TRUMP.

Maybe that gives you some insight into why there have been investigations into trump for his entire presidency.

Edit. THIS WHAT OBSTRUCTION OF JUSTICE LOOKS LIKE.

Last edited:

Well that contradicts Barr’s letter to Berman.

Either Trump just lied, or Barr lied in writing, again.
So I guess Berman still has a job.

Trump wants no part of this but his flunky Barr can't do the firing.

Be a man Donny. If you want Berman gone have the balls to do it and take the heat.

Man this WH is a smooth running machine.

"In light of Attorney General Barr’s decision to respect the normal operation of law and have Deputy U.S. Attorney Audrey Strauss become Acting U.S. Attorney, I will be leaving the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of New York, effective immediately", Berman said.

No wonder trump can't walk with all the bullet holes in his feet.

Preet poses an interesting (rhetorical) question... The answer, of course, is ongoing investigations into the Rudy G- Lev Parnas - Igor Fruman connection, as well as inquiries into possible irregularities in Trump's own finances...Trump and Barr want the investigations halted, so Barr is attempting to replace Berman with a real "team player"- Jay Clayton of the SEC...

Now, this may be off the deep end, but the timing seems really curious. As in at the end of a week when SCOTUS has handed Trump numerous setbacks, and the next major decision could involve the SDNY subpoena of Trump's financial records...

So anybody else see this as a possible pre-emptive strike against SDNY, with Trump fearing another blow from the SCOTUS within the next couple of weeks? Is it possible that Trump is envisioning leaving office in Jan 2021 (or even sooner?) and trying to get his ducks in a row regarding the possible charges he faces in NY? There has to be a reason for this move at THIS particular time...?

I'm actually starting to wonder if a possible upcoming negative decision against him from SCOTUS, along with the fallout from Bolton's book and other recent events have Trump contemplating pulling a Nixon and resigning. I personally think a Nov loss is by this point a foregone conclusion, and I'm wondering if he may be exploring a less embarrassing alternative to try and save face. And of course, make himself out to be the "victim" in the process. That's something he's really accomplished at...

Btw, anybody else see some inherent corruption here?...

Preet poses an interesting (rhetorical) question... The answer, of course, is ongoing investigations into the Rudy G- Lev Parnas - Igor Fruman connection, as well as inquiries into possible irregularities in Trump's own finances...Trump and Barr want the investigations halted, so Barr is attempting to replace Berman with a real "team player"- Jay Clayton of the SEC...

Now, this may be off the deep end, but the timing seems really curious. As in at the end of a week when SCOTUS has handed Trump numerous setbacks, and the next major decision could involve the SDNY subpoena of Trump's financial records...

So anybody else see this as a possible pre-emptive strike against SDNY, with Trump fearing another blow from the SCOTUS within the next couple of weeks? Is it possible that Trump is envisioning leaving office in Jan 2021 (or even sooner?) and trying to get his ducks in a row regarding the possible charges he faces in NY? There has to be a reason for this move at THIS particular time...?

I'm actually starting to wonder if a possible upcoming negative decision against him from SCOTUS, along with the fallout from Bolton's book and other recent events have Trump contemplating pulling a Nixon and resigning. I personally think a Nov loss is by this point a foregone conclusion, and I'm wondering if he may be exploring a less embarrassing alternative to try and save face. And of course, make himself out to be the "victim" in the process. That's something he's really accomplished at...

Btw, anybody else see some inherent corruption here?...

I think CNN might have a job opening for you

Interesting that cosmickid thinks Trump might resign. If the SC rules against Trump on releasing his taxes, would he still have to release them if he were no longer President?

Last edited:
I think CNN might have a job opening for you

I'm thinking Team Trump might possibly have 1 available for you as well? Hard to tell who had the worst week, Trump or Parscale? Although Trump has a week full of Bolton revelations ahead of him, starting with tomorrow night's ABC interview by Martha Radditz...

Reactions: Monkey Pox
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT