ADVERTISEMENT

yes, Ive lurked and been nice this year...

hoosierbugs

Redshirt Freshman
Jun 23, 2010
Any year, I'd lurk over here, fire salvos and gladly accept your return fire...that's what a rivalry does....This year, I haven't felt it...

Part of it, the Tyler Trent and the IU manager cancer fight...more importantly, my mother passed away November 3...

That woman beat Sepsis three times...let alone Other things...COPD and congestive heart failure finally got her...

This year, the Bucket Game to me just wasn't that big of a deal...if IU won, fine...and Purdue winning...a downer but nowhere near the fire and anger I felt...

So, I'm on hiatus for a while...maybe I'll get my fire back to fire salvos once again...I firmly believe both programs on the increase...

If your parents are still alive, don't take it for granted...

Any year, I'd lurk over here, fire salvos and gladly accept your return fire...that's what a rivalry does....This year, I haven't felt it...

Part of it, the Tyler Trent and the IU manager cancer fight...more importantly, my mother passed away November 3...

That woman beat Sepsis three times...let alone Other things...COPD and congestive heart failure finally got her...

This year, the Bucket Game to me just wasn't that big of a deal...if IU won, fine...and Purdue winning...a downer but nowhere near the fire and anger I felt...

So, I'm on hiatus for a while...maybe I'll get my fire back to fire salvos once again...I firmly believe both programs on the increase...

Sorry to hear about your mom. Hope you and your family are doing ok.

My dad passed away 3 years ago, and my mom has Alzheimer’s, so I agree with that statement to not take your parents for granted if they are still living.

I lost mom and dad a few years ago, both to cancer. This time year is pretty difficult as you can imagine with the Holidays and all.

The Bucket game, Purdue and IU rivalry doesn't mean a damn thing in reality. When you lose your parents and look around at life without them, you realize really frigging fast what's important in life...hint, it ain't college sports.

At the end of the day, sports is there to provide entertainment. As I've gotten older, I've gained a lot more perspective about sports than I had when I was in college, and in my 20s and early 30s. I still have both of my parents and they're in good health, but by no means young. Watching your kids grow up is a dose of reality too, and times like the holidays are also good to reinforce what's really important.

College sports are relatively meaningless. But the relationships and memories you build with your family around them are priceless. Two of my best recent memories are going to the last two Bucket games with my Dad and my son.

Reactions: KentuckyBoiler
I lost mom and dad a few years ago, both to cancer. This time year is pretty difficult as you can imagine with the Holidays and all.

The Bucket game, Purdue and IU rivalry doesn't mean a damn thing in reality. When you lose your parents and look around at life without them, you realize really frigging fast what's important in life...hint, it ain't college sports.
It’s hard to take you seriously, be cause you have been such a dick. If you did lose your parents I am sure it’s hard and I am sorry. Watching my kids play has tought me a lot about sports and what it truly means. Are you willing to play? Will you give it your all? Do you have fun? That’s enough for me. Does not really matter what their talent level is/was, it all comes to an end even for the best.

Reactions: idaho_bob

As one who has lost his parents and his wife, my sympathy to you and yours. I hated to lose my dad...a WWII Battle of the Bulge guy, but losing my wife and mom are the two hardest things I've ever had to deal with. COPD got my mom too.....Peace for all.

Many of us have tasted the toughness of loved ones passing. My mother was taken out by a driver in hurry decades ago. As a teenager, I was too young at the time to realize the emotional damage that had been thrown in my lap. I lost a lot of good life stuck in a tail spin before God rescued me.
Later, my dad passed with chronic lymphoma. However, the years that it gnawed at his vitality and strength while tough, absorbed the shock of his eventual passing.
Lastly my one and only son, later met up with a woman that through her own personal issues has pushed my wife and I completely out of their lives.

It took a lot of time to deal with my mother's passing and find reality again. By God's grace that came about. My dad's passing was expected. But, I still hated to see him go. My son's abysmal distance is the one that haunts me the most.

The best comfort that I get is a family in our church. Their doors are always open and their children are often available loaners. That is where we will be this Christmas Eve. Thank God for that.

Many of us have tasted the toughness of loved ones passing. My mother was taken out by a driver in hurry decades ago. As a teenager, I was too young at the time to realize the emotional damage that had been thrown in my lap. I lost a lot of good life stuck in a tail spin before God rescued me.
Later, my dad passed with chronic lymphoma. However, the years that it gnawed at his vitality and strength while tough, absorbed the shock of his eventual passing.
Lastly my one and only son, later met up with a woman that through her own personal issues has pushed my wife and I completely out of their lives.

It took a lot of time to deal with my mother's passing and find reality again. By God's grace that came about. My dad's passing was expected. But, I still hated to see him go. My son's abysmal distance is the one that haunts me the most.

The best comfort that I get is a family in our church. Their doors are always open and their children are often available loaners. That is where we will be this Christmas Eve. Thank God for that.
Prayers for you that your son will see the light. Merry Christmas

Amen. Too many people misplace priorities. I have a problem maintaining my priorities but thank God hoe his grace. Keep on truckin, and prayin.

Reactions: Purdue85

So sorry for your loss. At least you can come on this board and post. It appears to me you board is now banning anyone from Purdue. I was banned, twice, for saying nothing derogatory, nothing.

My dad passed suddenly of a heart attack at 67 on Dec 1, 2015 and I found out right after PU beat Pitt in basketball in Pittsburgh. It was the last sporting event (there weren’t many) that I attended with my then freshman daughter who was in her first semester at Pitt. A day of very juxtaposed emotions. She graduates from Pitt in late April and hopes to attend grad school at Purdue next fall. A fallback choice is OU where I’ll get to see her lots as I moved to just north of Norman (from Avon, IN) two years ago. Though he annoyed the heck out of me often, I always loved him and miss my dad greatly.

My dad passed suddenly of a heart attack at 67 on Dec 1, 2015 and I found out right after PU beat Pitt in basketball in Pittsburgh. It was the last sporting event (there weren’t many) that I attended with my then freshman daughter who was in her first semester at Pitt. A day of very juxtaposed emotions. She graduates from Pitt in late April and hopes to attend grad school at Purdue next fall. A fallback choice is OU where I’ll get to see her lots as I moved to just north of Norman (from Avon, IN) two years ago. Though he annoyed the heck out of me often, I always loved him and miss my dad greatly.
guess I'll join in, my yellow Lab of 13 yrs. 10 mos. went lame on Dec. 4th and had to put her down. She always had a Purdue bandanna on during our sporting events. Condolences to everyone above too.

guess I'll join in, my yellow Lab of 13 yrs. 10 mos. went lame on Dec. 4th and had to put her down. She always had a Purdue bandanna on during our sporting events. Condolences to everyone above too.
Nine years ago, I lost my wife, 11 month later lost my mom, one year later lost my mother in law, a year later had to put my 12 year old Golden down. Not fun things to have happen.

My Mother died when I was three months old at age 24. I have lived my life wondering about what she was like. Maybe I will find out!

My Mother died when I was three months old at age 24. I have lived my life wondering about what she was like. Maybe I will find out!
I had to stop and say a prayer for you mr stewart. I can’t imagine....

Have a great holiday brother

I had to stop and say a prayer for you mr stewart. I can’t imagine....

Have a great holiday brother

Thank you for the prayer. I have enjoyed a wonderful life and was raised to never consider myself a victim.
I am very grateful for my blessings which included a special Father who himself had experienced the loss of
his Mom when he was 10.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT