ADVERTISEMENT

Yep, it’s as bad as I thought it would be.

I didn't get to see this game either. I listened to the radio broadcast again though. Definitely got their butts kicked. They have to figure a way to become more consistent shooting the ball. Hopefully the coaches can figure out something positive to take from the game.

Congratulations to Karissa McLaughlin on becoming the all time Purdue Women's leader in 3 point field goals made with I believe 241. Just wish it could of happened during a win.

IU coming to Mackey on Thursday. They'll need a much better effort than this to win that one.

Reactions: DocRon
Decided to add a not very fun game story: L—46-83—at MARYLAND—Beyond pathetic. The negatives were legendary. 1) No one played well for Purdue tho I saw a peep of Doubia’s ability; 2) Purdue shot under 25 %, the lowest FG % Maryland has held a BT team to since they joined the conference; 3) Purdue hit 4/5 3’s and shot scads; 4) Purdue has no interior D; 5) Purdue had a lot of turnovers as they always do; 6) perhaps most damning—in January, Versyp has no established rotation. She plays everyone like changing hockey lines. When one group does poorly, she just shifts to another with the same results. Maryland is an excellent team, talented and well coached and they were at home and they have beaten other BT teams as badly, but that does not excuse overall really bad play. Sadly, Karrisa hit 3 3’s and broke the all-time Purdue trey record, which is a great accomplishment, and which she will far surpass, but her makes were buried among a lot of misses, many quite bad. Doesn't take away from her great accomplishment, but not a fun context to do it in. Not much more to say. This team will win again against lower competition, but cannot compete at the higher levels. It appears to me that Bo does not care about the quality of Purdue women’s basketball.

Reactions: DAG10 and DocRon
Decided to add a not very fun game story: L—46-83—at MARYLAND—Beyond pathetic. The negatives were legendary. 1) No one played well for Purdue tho I saw a peep of Doubia’s ability; 2) Purdue shot under 25 %, the lowest FG % Maryland has held a BT team to since they joined the conference; 3) Purdue hit 4/5 3’s and shot scads; 4) Purdue has no interior D; 5) Purdue had a lot of turnovers as they always do; 6) perhaps most damning—in January, Versyp has no established rotation. She plays everyone like changing hockey lines. When one group does poorly, she just shifts to another with the same results. Maryland is an excellent team, talented and well coached and they were at home and they have beaten other BT teams as badly, but that does not excuse overall really bad play. Sadly, Karrisa hit 3 3’s and broke the all-time Purdue trey record, which is a great accomplishment, and which she will far surpass, but her makes were buried among a lot of misses, many quite bad. Doesn't take away from her great accomplishment, but not a fun context to do it in. Not much more to say. This team will win again against lower competition, but cannot compete at the higher levels. It appears to me that Bo does not care about the quality of Purdue women’s basketball.
Versyp does play too many girls, the rotation needs to be 8-9, aft
The rotation needs to be 8-9, I agree with your comment on Versyp playing to many players. I hope all the Sr's besides Karissa go on to other things next year, nothing against them but Purdue doesn't need a roster of 16-17 girls next season. Really wish Kyle would start seeing an increase in minutes, Kyle, Farquarer, Traylor, Moore, Karissa would be the lineup going forward, Fatou, Doumbia, Madison, maybe Hardin would fill out rotation.

Agree, she needs to decide on a main rotation. As you said, an 8-9 rotation and stay with it, mixing and matching a bit. Starters don't matter. For me, no special order: Fatou, Kyle, Karissa, Farquar, TRaylor, Moore, Doumbia, Lawson, Grant--Hardin when 3's are really needed. . Depends on match ups. SV should know this, but we need a new coach.

Reactions: DAG10
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT