ADVERTISEMENT

Yanni Karlaftis receives offer

My gut says we will see the brothers playing together at Purdue in a couple years. They seem like a really tight family. I guess that is my prediction. I hope I am right.

Yanni throwing a bit of shade toward UM:

"I expected it to be a bit sooner, but I knew it was coming," Yanni Karlaftis said of the Purdue offer. "Purdue's great and I'm really glad they offered me and I'm sure my brother is, too, and I think they did a good thing by not just offering me (right away) and letting everyone think they were offering me just for my brother. That wouldn't be good for me. I want people to know I'm working hard to get my offers."

Appears to me Yanni appreciates being allowed to stand on his own ability and the fact that Brohm understood that and allowed that to happen plays big for Yanni. I think he might become a great stand-up DE/OLB hybrid in Holt's scheme.

".... I think they did a good thing by not just offering me (right away) and letting everyone think they were offering me just for my brother. That wouldn't be good for me. I want people to know I'm working hard to get my offers."

Appears to me Yanni appreciates being allowed to stand on his own ability and the fact that Brohm understood that and allowed that to happen plays big for Yanni.

My thoughts as well.

"I expected it to be a bit sooner, but I knew it was coming," Yanni Karlaftis said of the Purdue offer. "Purdue's great and I'm really glad they offered me and I'm sure my brother is, too, and I think they did a good thing by not just offering me (right away) and letting everyone think they were offering me just for my brother. That wouldn't be good for me. I want people to know I'm working hard to get my offers."

Appears to me Yanni appreciates being allowed to stand on his own ability and the fact that Brohm understood that and allowed that to happen plays big for Yanni. I think he might become a great stand-up DE/OLB hybrid in Holt's scheme.
I'm glad to read what he said however, what difference does it make that Purdue offered about 4-5 weeks after Michigan? Don't see that differentiating himself in this instance.

I think what he is saying is he respects the fact Brohm did not offer him the same time as his brother as that would have diminished the offer to some degree as he is his own man.

The article was implying Brohm sped up the offer after he saw other schiols offering. Brohm was always going to offer.

Reactions: Purdue11
I think what he is saying is he respects the fact Brohm did not offer him the same time as his brother as that would have diminished the offer to some degree as he is his own man.

The article was implying Brohm sped up the offer after he saw other schiols offering. Brohm was always going to offer.

that was also my interpretation. I saw it almost as sarcastic or TIC. Much like, it's about time you officially offered. I've already taken my on campus tour, chosen my major and selected my first semester classes. OK - probably not all that - but his post does seem to be like he's already made his mind up.

I'm glad to read what he said however, what difference does it make that Purdue offered about 4-5 weeks after Michigan? Don't see that differentiating himself in this instance.
It does to him which is what matters. Clearly he feels that someone else was attempting to use him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT