ADVERTISEMENT

WR's

GuesS we can see why the current crop was still available when the Turtleneck offered them.

I'm not sure what it says when Greg Phillips stays on the field as much as he does. He catches about 1 out of every 3 balls thrown his way. He whiffs on blocks.

Jackson Anthrop is the ONLY WR we have that is reliable and dependable. Opposing teams have to know that and make it difficult on us to get him the ball.

I am curious why DJ Edwards and Tyler Hamilton never had an opportunity to see the field. I know at this point they are redshirting, and long term it is probably best for them. I am just curious. I wonder as well why Catlett doesn't see some more time since his redshirt is burned already.

I wish we could see what Holmes could do. He hasn't seen the field recently. What could it hurt as bad as it is with everyone else?

I don't think we saw Zico again after that inexcusable drop. I'm okay with that.

Why don't guys like RB Brian Lankford-Johnson and Jack Wegher play some slot?

I sure hope incoming recruits Bonner and McCoy can play. They will certainly have the opportunity. I hope more than anything that Moore sees the opportunity to start from day 1 with his speed and ability and makes the choice to switch to Purdue.

Reactions: FLAG HUNTER
I'm not sure what it says when Greg Phillips stays on the field as much as he does. He catches about 1 out of every 3 balls thrown his way. He whiffs on blocks.

Jackson Anthrop is the ONLY WR we have that is reliable and dependable. Opposing teams have to know that and make it difficult on us to get him the ball.

I am curious why DJ Edwards and Tyler Hamilton never had an opportunity to see the field. I know at this point they are redshirting, and long term it is probably best for them. I am just curious. I wonder as well why Catlett doesn't see some more time since his redshirt is burned already.

I wish we could see what Holmes could do. He hasn't seen the field recently. What could it hurt as bad as it is with everyone else?

I don't think we saw Zico again after that inexcusable drop. I'm okay with that.

Why don't guys like RB Brian Lankford-Johnson and Jack Wegher play some slot?

I sure hope incoming recruits Bonner and McCoy can play. They will certainly have the opportunity. I hope more than anything that Moore sees the opportunity to start from day 1 with his speed and ability and makes the choice to switch to Purdue.
Ya know, I feel exactly the same way. I just try to avoid calling out players individually.

Ya know, I feel exactly the same way. I just try to avoid calling out players individually.

I know what you are saying. As a coach, no way would I do that to my players. That is why Brohm does not call people out individually. However, he has from the very beginning strongly called out his entire receiving core, knowing darn well they were going to struggle.

We are here on a message board though so I feel as though as fans it is fair game to discuss the game, the players and their struggles. We can call a spade a spade. Regardless of the results on the field, I support these players and coaches. It does not mean they are bad kids or undeserving of the opportunities they've been given. At some point, someone felt they were the right guy or fit for the program. A guy like Greg Phillips has worked hard throughout his career and has dealt with his fair share of adversity. No one should want to take away from that. However, the question becomes this; at what point do you move forward? Do you reward the senior for all he's given? Or do you move on knowing you won't have him back next year and need to find someone to replace him anyway? No one knows that answer but Brohm, but based on him staying in the game, it appears as though he feels he has no other answer. That is for him to decide.

I hope these guys keep working and find a way to make a bowl. They deserve it. It is still possible, but the road is much tougher now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT