ADVERTISEMENT

Womenlose to George Washington

KidsDoc

All-American
Gold Member
Aug 29, 2001
Lose by 20. Watching the woman play is difficult.This team will be lucky to be finish higher than 10th in the BIG if they play like today.They couldn't shoot well; didn't hit their free throws very good. Just looked bad. What happened to the supposed great freshman players? Only saw Keys in the game.

I will say that the refs in woman's BB are BRUTALLY BAD. Though I like Versyp, I would like to see her just once really yell at the refs when they completely blow calls.

We stunk in this game. I watched the game and we looked very much like we had no clue of what we were doing. We would cut it to 8 and then throw the ball away in unforced errors over and over, Hopefully we learn from this because the team we played was not that great either. The refs were vey bad in this tournament but it was not one sided. They were just high schoolish. I'm not sure we will be very good this year as we just don't have the players, Hopefully our coach has an answer but it may just end up being one of those down years. Please prove me wrong. I would love to be wrong in the long run.

Go Boilers!

To those who said that this current crop of freshmen was so great and wonderful, where is the proof of that? The gal that was the lowest rated recruit of the whole class is the only one getting any playing time. And am I nuts to say that Brigette Perry should be a much better player? She looks like she has so much potential one minute then she goes into a shell for whatever reason. This team is woefully lacking in frontcourt depth, Versyp plays 3 guards and two power forwards most of the time. And her one legitimate post player plays an avg of only 2 minutes a game. Shooting has also been a Purdue issue for years, not just this season, but having players that can consistently hit just a 14 foot jump shot has been lacking in this program for long time. Sharon recruits defensive players first in many cases and then hopes that they will learn how to shoot and score and that has been an issue.

This is not a great PU team by any stretch, they have already lost their top 25 ranking. Could be a long season! Boiler Up!

3 players out of the many tens of players that SV has had in her coaching tenure is not a good argument that the Purdue WBB team has had good perimeter jump shooters in recent memory. I will give you Courtney Moses, she could light it up from 3 pt land when she was hot, KK was not a good jump shooter imho, she even missed a lot of easy layups. Drey was a decent shooter I'll give you that, but she played for what 1 1/2 years and was not a SV recruit. just sayin.... Boiler Up!

Don't forget Britt Rayburn. She was a pretty damn fine shooter.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT