ADVERTISEMENT

With the worst PU WBB season ever now over what does the future hold?

Mar 6, 2014
With their best 2 players graduating and moving on, is there any hope that the 2015/16 team will be any better? At least now Sharon will be forced to play some bigs extended minutes, and Purdue will have some height advantages over other teams next season, and players like Perry and Morrissette will be a year older. But their shooting woes will more than likely continue, defense which was a huge issue at times will hopefully get better, but who knows?

This is at best another mediocre team with some height next season. Let's hope for better and expect that the worst may be yet to come! Boiler Up!

Originally posted by PurdueTim14:

With their best 2 players graduating and moving on, is there any hope that the 2015/16 team will be any better? At least now Sharon will be forced to play some bigs extended minutes, and Purdue will have some height advantages over other teams next season, and players like Perry and Morrissette will be a year older. But their shooting woes will more than likely continue, defense which was a huge issue at times will hopefully get better, but who knows?

This is at best another mediocre team with some height next season. Let's hope for better and expect that the worst may be yet to come! Boiler Up!
You make a good point about the 2 graduating seniors. They provided a strong core of an otherwise weak team. Our coach has some faults (who doesn't) but she has been consistently good at improving players between seasons. I think Perry and Morriset will be the leaders next year, and we are getting some freshmen that will be hard to keep off the floor (Tiara for one). I also expect Moore to become a big time power forward, if she can get her act together academically.

We have the raw material, except for a long range gunner. We have always had one of thoose dead-eye shooters on the team, but I don't see one now. That means the team will need to work harder to score. As you said, don't get expectations up too much.

cool.r191677.gif

Help me understand how Dayton can have a team that competes with UConn (for a half at least) and our once powerful program cannot even compete in the Big Ten. And then help me understand why that is acceptable.

Well coached teams improve as the season progresses. This team became progressively worse as the season went on. There was a distinct lack of team chemistry and the HC's focusing on conditioning was absolutely absurd. Purdue spent $100 million providing their programs with everything from tutoring centers to Poosh dressing rooms. The conditioning facilities are great. If a cosch with more than ten years HC experience really has the gall to blame the school's worst season in 31 years on conditioning it is insulting to the intelligence of the program's loyal fans. The last thing we should expect from student-athletes on full scholarship is that they are not in shape for the rigors of basketball.

ADVERTISEMENT