ADVERTISEMENT

Wisconsin at Purdue volleyball

Purdue wins 5th set 16-14 on a freak play where their big white girl that had killed us all night spiked the ball onto the top of the net and it rolled all the way on the net across the court falling out of bounds.

What an enjoyable and interesting match. In the 4th set it looked like Wisky could do anything they wanted with us but in the 5th it was a death match with both teams having their moments. How can the balance change so quickly like that?

Eva Hudson was tremendous with 30 kills and only 7 errors hitting 0.333. But we would not have won this match without Raven Colvin who had 14 kills with only 4 errors hitting 0.345 to go along with 4 blocks. And she fended off Wisky’s match point with a missile kill that evened up the score at 14 all and let us win the next two points to take the match.

Now to get upset by the three lesser teams we finish our schedule with - Maryland, U of M and MSU.

Purdue wins 5th set 16-14 on a freak play where their big white girl that had killed us all night spiked the ball onto the top of the net and it rolled all the way on the net across the court falling out of bounds.
“Big White Girl”… Hahaha. That would be Sarah Franklin who will probably be Big Ten Player of the Year.

Not sure I would call the final play a “freak play.” Franklin caught the top of the net so it was not a well hit ball. And if you look at the replay it only tolled a little way on the net and then flew OOB.

But I am glad you enjoyed the game, Michael. VB is a wonderful sport.

“Big White Girl”… Hahaha. That would be Sarah Franklin who will probably be Big Ten Player of the Year.

Not sure I would call the final play a “freak play.” Franklin caught the top of the net so it was not a well hit ball. And if you look at the replay it only tolled a little way on the net and then flew OOB.

But I am glad you enjoyed the game, Michael. VB is a wonderful sport.
I have always loved watching Volleyball, especially men's olympic volleyball, but its hard to find. Tonight was my first night with access to BTN, so it was a good one to watch. I wondered on that last play and wanted to see another replay but have not found it, but it looked like it travelled the top of the net most of the way across the court before falling off and going out of bounds on the opposite side of the court where it was hit. And yes, I was referring to Franklin but when I wrote it I could not remember her name. She and Booth were handfulls, but Franklin made an impression just with her size. She is tall of course, but she has some serious bulk to her as well.

Reactions: DocRon
I have always loved watching Volleyball, especially men's olympic volleyball, but its hard to find. Tonight was my first night with access to BTN, so it was a good one to watch. I wondered on that last play and wanted to see another replay but have not found it, but it looked like it travelled the top of the net most of the way across the court before falling off and going out of bounds on the opposite side of the court where it was hit. And yes, I was referring to Franklin but when I wrote it I could not remember her name. She and Booth were handfulls, but Franklin made an impression just with her size. She is tall of course, but she has some serious bulk to her as well.
In my younger days I played a lot of adult volleyball: leagues and traveling teams, so I too like watching volleyball. I went to the 1996 Olympics in Atlanta and was able to catch a match of the men’s volleyball team. I have never been as amazed as I was then. The power and speed of the play was something. Watching on tv doesn’t do it justice to how amazing the sport is in person.

If Purdue does host the first two rounds, how difficult will it be to get tickets?

Reactions: DocRon and Boilermb
There were quite a few freak plays in this match, and both teams benefitted from them.

In my younger days I played a lot of adult volleyball: leagues and traveling teams, so I too like watching volleyball. I went to the 1996 Olympics in Atlanta and was able to catch a match of the men’s volleyball team. I have never been as amazed as I was then. The power and speed of the play was something. Watching on tv doesn’t do it justice to how amazing the sport is in person.

If Purdue does host the first two rounds, how difficult will it be to get tickets?
Have to do a shout out to the Block Party. That is a great student section!

Great win indeed. One I frankly did not expect. A win that could really help seeding, providing they finish with 3 more conference wins. That will be tough though, but not impossible. Go Boilers!!

Reactions: rgarlitz
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT