ADVERTISEMENT

Why didn't Bryson, PJ, Basil, and Isaac play more?

hunkgolden

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 1, 2004
Oh wait - I forgot I don't care about individual playing time. Nevermind.

Hunk,

I think CMP knew he had to keep Hammons, Davis, and Octeus out there as much as possible. V Edwards and Mathias earned their time and contributed a bunch down the stretch.

I thought Bryson Scott might have gotten some more time in the first half with Ray Davis sitting with two fouls. Basil picked up two quick fouls, and I don't think CMP liked the match-up with PJ.....just my guess.

Penn State certainly bogged the game down in the first half to their credit.

Bottom line, Purdue moves on 64-59....not a thing of beauty.....but, hey.....I'll take it.

Originally posted by Purdue Grad in Texas:

Hunk,

I think CMP knew he had to keep Hammons, Davis, and Octeus out there as much as possible. V Edwards and Mathias earned their time and contributed a bunch down the stretch.

I thought Bryson Scott might have gotten some more time in the first half with Ray Davis sitting with two fouls. Basil picked up two quick fouls, and I don't think CMP liked the match-up with PJ.....just my guess.

Penn State certainly bogged the game down in the first half to their credit.

Bottom line, Purdue moves on 64-59....not a thing of beauty.....but, hey.....I'll take it.
I thought it would be obvious but apparently I did need to put tic at the end of my post.

They looked
frown.r191677.gif

I think we will see more of all of them today except PJ.

I think we see a lot of Scott because Wisconsin has big guards.

Haas will play a big role in the outcome today.

Boiler Up...going to be a grinder.

Unfortunately "bad" PJ showed up instead of "Illinois" PJ. Came in and immediately turned the ball over. Painter has stated several times, we started winning when he shortened the bench. This is no time to worry about hurt feelings. But I understand OP was TIC.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

PJ is a freshman and not a 5 star. "Bad" PJ is more likely to show than the good one. All the guards we remember fondly like Gene Parker, Tony Jones, et al started ragged but the good guard play we remember came with maturity and experience.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT