ADVERTISEMENT

Which regional are you hoping ?

Jack_Ripper

Redshirt Freshman
Aug 10, 2011
Northeast Indiana
Should the committee give the call, ( sorry, it's not Sunday), which regional are you hoping ? I hope West....get Purdue away from distractions...plus, it's more of a finesse region. I think a Purdue team in that region could do something. I don't think much of Arizona or Gonzaga due to Purdue's size alone.. at least consistently....another reason for the West...I have to work late next week...it gives me a better chance to catch the game...selfish....

This post was edited on 3/14 9:40 PM by Jack_Ripper

I'd like them to be right here in Louisville.

Especially if Kansas is the #2 and we are the #10.

That means UK will be the #1, but oh well. I thik we can win vs a 7 and vs KU if they are the #2.

Originally posted by Cleanface:

That means UK will be the #1, but oh well. I thik we can win vs a 7 and vs KU if they are the #2.
That means Purdue is in the Kentucky/Wisconsin regional (most likely)...no thanx..go West young man...

I'd like to avoid Xavier. I don't think we'd match up well with Stainbrook. He's a bigger, less talented Kaminsky - very active. AJ would struggle guarding him and he's too big to put a Vince Edwards on.

Originally posted by Jack_Ripper:

Originally posted by Cleanface:

That means Purdue is in the Kentucky/Wisconsin regional (most likely)...no thanx..go West young man...
Did you not see what I said about KU being the #2??

Wisco and UK were never going to be in the same Region.

Doesn't matter now bc Wisco will be a #1 seed.

I hope we play late Friday and hopefully late again on Sunday. IF an unfortunate loss happens early, it takes a little luster off the tournament excitement.

Many have called me crazy on this, but I want to be an 8/9 seed in Kentucky's bracket.

I don't hold any delusion that this is a Final Four level team yet. So, I want a shot at the big dog in the house. I want Hammons/Haas to experience going against other bigs to prepare for the future.

Wisconsin is going to be a #1 seed somewhere. I don't foresee MSU beating them today. And considering how they annihilated OSU on their home court and then took us to the woodshed in the 2nd half yesterday, they are a very solid team. With Duke and UVA losing Friday, one of them likely is out of the #1 seed picture.

Three major brackets have Purdue all as a #10 seed in the Midwest Regional playing in Omaha. All 3 have different opponents, and 2 of the 3 have the same #2 seed.

Joe Lunardi has Purdue as a #10 seed playing Butler in Omaha (winner facing Kansas).

Palm hasn't updated his since last night, which had Purdue as a #10 playing Wichita State in Omaha (winner facing Iowa State).

Shelby Mast/USA Today has Purdue as a #10 seed playing VCU in Midwest Region in Omaha (winner facing Kansas).

Nothing wrong with teams wanting to avoid UK until the very last moment, with hopes of someone else knocking them off. It seems as though teams that do pull off a huge upset, lose themselves in the next game.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

I think it depends on the timing.

First off, when there's a big upset, it usually means the next game that the team who pulled the major upset is playing a team also better than them, so they are not expected to win.

Secondly, the timing is huge. Obviously games are played in 2 game "spurts", with a few days off between the next rounds. A big upset happening on a Thursday game makes it, in theory, tougher to turn around and focus in another game on Saturday. However, if you pull of that huge upset Saturday, it gives you some time until your next game the following Thursday.

Originally posted by DrEss:
Nothing wrong with teams wanting to avoid UK until the very last moment, with hopes of someone else knocking them off. It seems as though teams that do pull off a huge upset, lose themselves in the next game.
Posted from Rivals Mobile
And I would be fine with knocking off the cheats, then losing. Would be a heck of a season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT