ADVERTISEMENT

What time is the game?

BigBoilerD

True Freshman
Aug 2, 2005
I'm trying to get tickets for a group. What session/time is Purdue playing in? Trying to get tickets before all the KY fans buy them up....

They base game times based on TV selections. I'd guess the evening session would be where they'd put Kentucky.

And they will post game times late tonight.

Pay attention to CBS' or NCAA's website.

I'd almost guarantee you they will have Kentucky in the evening/prime time session. So I'd hedge your bets and buy them now.

The reverse is often true however. If they put KY in the early session they will likely sell out both sessions because Purdue/Cincy should travel well also and will be easier to sell at night. The early session is often harder to sell but having KY there will make that happen and TV isn't as interested in a KY-Manhattan game.

Game time has nothing to do with selling tickets in this venue. If they were allowed, Kentucky would buy every ticket in the place (twice!). If you are thinking of buying for a group, you'd better have a really fat wallet to compete with the Big Blue Nation.

These games have been sold out for a while. Everyone and their mother could have predicted Kentucky would be playing here months ago.

agreed, these seats could have sold out 2 months ago to KY fans, who travel very well.

I think CMP will have a good game plan to beat Cincy, with given time he typically prepares very well. We should also have a decent fan base show up, Come on Boilers it's in Louisville!

On to KY, this might be the most talented team ever assembled. (Top to bottom)
Here are the advantages for Purdue, everyone in the country will be backing them to win,
KY will not take us seriously. They are a young team, (talented) but very young.
The SEC is very weak; isn't even close to the type of grinder conference the BIG is night in and night out.
We are playing with house money, play loose, play hard, and you never know.

If our team is hitting on cylinders (Mathias/Davis/Hammons/Stephens) we are a very hard team to guard. The key will be keeping AJ out of foul trouble, Haas won't be able to do it alone at this stage in his career. I could see CMP playing them together in spurts. However after those two we become very small with Vince playing center. It's a dunk fest at that point for the Wildcats.

Boiler Up

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT