ADVERTISEMENT

What if Blough wows this spring game???

ImRonBurgandy?

All-American
Aug 14, 2008
If AA is horrible to just average, could Blough move up to #1. I know they look at body of work, but Blough seemed to have a pretty good jersey scrimmage (as well as AA). I'm very interested to see how Blough performs Saturday.

I thought Blough looked great during last year's spring game. I hope he gets some quality reps versus a #1 defense during this year's game. I would love to see him earn the starting job. I just hope that doing so won't kill his confidence if he struggles.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

they don't play in units for this scrimmage. the teams are divided sandlot style. so no #1 D

Originally posted by rbaggie:

they don't play in units for this scrimmage. the teams are divided sandlot style. so no #1 D

Yeah, they did the 1s v 1s last weekend. This is for the fans. Can't glean much from it

He does have the advantage of being the one Hazell recruit among the three (yeah I know Hazell hung on to Etling but it was late in the recruiting cycle without many other options, he's a Hope recruit in my mind). If all things are equal I think Hazell might give a slight edge to Blough because of youth (more room to grow) and being the recruit he identified, recruited and secured through an entire recruiting process over players from a previous regime.

Maybe not. Just my 2 cents.

I hope he does light it up, the guy came to play and it looks like he won't get much playing time,, some think he is 3 string, but didn't the players pick him ahead of Etling?, Really like to see a guy step up and do well , and prove others wrong. Not that I don't like the other 2 QB's, just like to see Blough do well .

Originally posted by BoilerGrad02:

He does have the advantage of being the one Hazell recruit among the three (yeah I know Hazell hung on to Etling but it was late in the recruiting cycle without many other options, he's a Hope recruit in my mind). If all things are equal I think Hazell might give a slight edge to Blough because of youth (more room to grow) and being the recruit he identified, recruited and secured through an entire recruiting process over players from a previous regime.

Maybe not. Just my 2 cents.
Think arm strength might be an issue.

Originally posted by FLAG HUNTER:

I hope he does light it up, the guy came to play and it looks like he won't get much playing time,, some think he is 3 string, but didn't the players pick him ahead of Etling?, Really like to see a guy step up and do well , and prove others wrong. Not that I don't like the other 2 QB's, just like to see Blough do well .
Listening to the video on the front page, i didnt get the impression Etling was draftable.

I thought I read that they picked Blough, it was where Anthrop made a comment. I could be wrong, will have to look at it again

The Black team secondary has Anthony Brown, walk-on Antonio Blackmon, Leroy Clark and Brandon Roberts as its likely starters.

This spring, Brown and Clark have been with the 1s. Roberts has been mostly with the 2s, though he's with the 1s in nickel, and Blackmon is with the 2s.

Blough 13-17 a td and 54 yards rushing. It's a spring game, but I like that. Definitely some potential there. Sucks Sindelar got hurt, would have loved to see how he would play.

for those of you in the know, what is Blough's arm strength like? I saw a previous poster in this very thread say it was an issue. I've never seen him in person, but don't know how he could fair so well in the Elite 11 with a noodle arm.

Originally posted by ImRonBurgandy?:
for those of you in the know, what is Blough's arm strength like? I saw a previous poster in this very thread say it was an issue. I've never seen him in person, but don't know how he could fair so well in the Elite 11 with a noodle arm.
I'll have to let others answer that one, but your last line is a good point. Plus, of all the QBs who really has a good arm anyway?

Best arm in the bunch is Sindelar. Too bad we have to wait for his knee to catch up with his arm.

Blough's last TD pass to Yancey was on a rope. About a 20 yarder.

It was pretty clear Etling has the best arm of the QB's that played. That's why the 4-star rating. His problem is all the other intangibles.

I've mentioned this before but Blough and Sindelar are the only QB's who had successful high school teams. This is as as much or more important than arm strength. Heck I would say Drew Bress has avg arm strength but he wins.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT