ADVERTISEMENT

What happens if it is tied or close at half?

Gman544

Redshirt Freshman
Feb 20, 2018
A few high seeds were in close games at half and then pulled away to win by 15ish or 20. What happens if Grambling is close or tied with Purduat the half. Will last year have an effect? The old here we go again thoughts? It will for many fans, how about the team and coaches?

A few high seeds were in close games at half and then pulled away to win by 15ish or 20. What happens if Grambling is close or tied with Purduat the half. Will last year have an effect? The old here we go again thoughts? It will for many fans, how about the team and coaches?
If there is a way for you to watch the Virginia mini-documentary, the players had the solution to this scenario. After come-from-behind win over Purdue, they were beaten by Auburn until the refs reviewed the final play and assessed a foul against Auburn. The Virginia players said, we might as well just do this. And they did.

Purdue can come out too high and affect the offense, more than the defense. I expect the D to be very good starting the game, but could see a few harder shots on the perimeter when they happen. That said, Purdue this year has shown poise a lot. Other than Nebraska shooting lights out and an OSU game, Purdue has been there. Still, when the favorite is suppose to do something and is struggling that confidence erodes as time goes on. "IF" Zach is effective and shooting FTs well Purdue has a valuable option when other things are struggling.

Something that I'm unaware has ever been considered as far as expressing in a forum is the internal makeup of people. Some of Purdue's players have all been a part of more than one bad tourney experience. Each may have the ghosts of the past if it gets close and each may have moved on. No matter what the results show, this team has been very good and is capable of beating every team in the tourney. I hope they are sharp AND healthy!

It might for nervous type fans. Doubt that affects the players.
I'd say the opposite. Not sure if the players are a reflection of the coach, but in last years game against FDU, out team played not to lose and not to make mistakes. Guys were hesitant, didn't have any confidence in taking a shot, etc.
If this game is close, every Grambling player on the court will be in the Purdue players ears telling them they better not make a mistake, trying to get in their head.

Take a 15 minute break. Read email, post crap on TikTok, Watch commercials.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT