ADVERTISEMENT

Walker to Florida State

Good for him.

My concerns though are with our 2016 class. With 9 B1G schools already having a 2016 commit or two, this decommit put us in now what is a slow start for our 2016 class. With 3 spots in 16, I hope Purdue continues its recruiting roll & starts to get some good news in the next 4 months. We need a PG badly, but beyond that do not have any pressing needs other than replacing CS when he leaves, which really is a tougher place to recruit from as PT is limited. But this is exactly what Painter needs to show: Can he recruit talented kids when the cupboard relatively is full?

Last edited:
Good for him.

My concerns though are with our 2016 class. With 9 B1G schools already having a 2016 commit or two, this decommit put us in now what is a slow start for our 2016 class. With 3 spots in 16, I hope Purdue continues its recruiting roll & starts to get some good news in the next 4 months. We need a PG badly, but beyond that do not have any pressing needs other than replacing CS when he leaves, which really is a tougher place to recruit from as PT is limited. But this is exactly what Painter needs to show: Can he recruit talented kids when the cupboard relatively is full?
Valid concern, but Purdue's last two classes both came together late and ended up very solid, so there is plenty of time still.

I'm hoping for Xavier Simpson. It sounds like he has been playing really well. I'm not sure if Purdue has closed the gap with Xavier with him.

I don't like that Michigan had a spot open up and immediately got a Cumberland visit for tomorrow. Cumberland is the other player I am really hoping for.

Has Cumberland visited us yet?

Back in September of 2014 I think he did?

Again the challenge for Painter, is even though Cumberland is probably best as a 2G and we have Stephens(for 1yr), Mathias & Cline @ the 2 is to get the recruit to see his future value @ Purdue....independent of how stocked it might appear we are there now. Other schools do that, Painter needs to find a way to do that w/ Cumberland. Painter needs to show Cumberland how he brings what Cline & Mathais do not have, in that while we have shooters we have no one that can create @ the 2, and simply make Cumberland feel Purdue is the best place for him......if not no doubt, Michigan or some other school will.

Last edited:
It's time to get him back again...Rivals doesn't even have him with Michigan interest. Looks like he does now. The competition will only get worse too probably.

Simpson went off at the top 100 camp he will rise a lot of spots in the rankings. I am afraid Michigan might steal Cumberland from us.

If we are going to change the perception of Purdue, this may be the year to do it.

Hopefully the fact that Cumberland was basically Michigan's second choice will be a factor. Seems like Cumberland has been a priority of Painter for a while now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT