ADVERTISEMENT

Wait....

Yes, because that's how Reverand Al Sharpton got to be a multi-millionaire--by going around praising mayors who do things right.

In their defense...

...even the boy who cried wolf was telling the truth once.

I don't think we need Al Sharpton around to point out to us that there are a few racists in pretty much every occupation at some point. That most are condemning this cop is proof that it, at least, isn't omnipresent.

the two options

are not "a few racists" and "omnipresent" there's a wider range.

this is the fundamental problem...a lot of white folks in america think racism barely exists, it's just a few bad apples, why don't minorities get over it, racism is dead, only minorities are keeping it alive.

that approach and mindset deny that racism is anything more than a vestige.

Skeptical at best

He is under a lot of fire for owing millions to the IRS, and creating a lot of the racial tension that has occurred in aforementioned cities. IMO, he is likely in jail for a longtime when a new President is sworn in.

He was all but told to stay out of Charleston area.

That has been his earned reputation over decades, and now a sudden about face and he should be praised.

Uh, no.

The family of Scott. In the USAToday, cbs,nydailynews, washingtontimes etc.

They just did not want the circus atmosphere.

All over the place really. And no, not surprised he did not listen. I am glad he changed his tone but hardly deserves 'praise' for it.

Another option

Originally posted by qazplm:
are not "a few racists" and "omnipresent" there's a wider range.

this is the fundamental problem...a lot of white folks in america think racism barely exists, it's just a few bad apples, why don't minorities get over it, racism is dead, only minorities are keeping it alive.

that approach and mindset deny that racism is anything more than a vestige.
One of my best friends is black and he said he knows more black people, that would qualify as racist, than white ones. BOTH sides have to decide, that they want the problem to go away. Things were getting better, until Obama and Holder decided to pour gas on every brushfire they encountered. Usually, Sharpton was the guy holding the gas can.

Praising Sharpton for containing himself ONE TIME is like praising a serial killer, because he let's one potential victim live. He still is what he is and will stoke the fires of hate and discontent at every opportunity.

Re: Another option

Why oh why did Ben Carson patronize Sharpton? I really like his platform but? Maybe he is just trying to reach out to the guy to knock some sense into him. For any conservatives on here listen to Mr. Carson. He's a sleeper for President but I like what he's saying.

ADVERTISEMENT