ADVERTISEMENT

VB wins 3-1 over Ohio State

KidsDoc

All-American
Gold Member
Aug 29, 2001
I was waiting to here from Doc Ron about his analysis of today's game but he hasn't yet so I posted the score
Am I wrong or are we not getting any contributions from non Freshman other than Hudson and Colvin?
The team seems to play in streaks where they look excellent and then turn around and play quite poorly, but I no little about Volleyball and what the finer points are

Reactions: DocRon
I was waiting to here from Doc Ron about his analysis of today's game but he hasn't yet so I posted the score
Am I wrong or are we not getting any contributions from non Freshman other than Hudson and Colvin?
The team seems to play in streaks where they look excellent and then turn around and play quite poorly, but I no little about Volleyball and what the finer points are
We are a very freshman heavy team. This recruiting was #3 recruiting class in the nation. We also graduated a ton of hitters from the team last year. our libero and DS are upperclassmen and the backbone of the team. Those hitter are only going to be in a position to score and build stats if the pass is good and allows the setter to run what is open. We are very young so we will be prone to some rough patches.

I spent some days in a hospital last week and recovery has been a little slow. It also affected my ability to type. But I am getting better. And I didn’t miss seeing any matches even if I did not respond on the board. Thanks for thinking of me.

I spent some days in a hospital last week and recovery has been a little slow. It also affected my ability to type. But I am getting better. And I didn’t miss seeing any matches even if I did not respond on the board. Thanks for thinking of me.

Reactions: dkojich and DocRon

Reactions: DocRon
Lord this team (which I love to watch) can sure give me a heart failure. Great play all around. Our middles were amazing and Grace blocked well and helped on offense on the RS. We do love to let teams stick around and get back into sets. The more tools we have and the more offensive options to throw our opponents off balance the better. Brilliant coaching when DS subbed in Carr just as the IU setter was getting ready to serve. That move threw her off and we went on to win that set. Looking forward to seeing the girls play Wisconsin-we have nothing to lose and I have no doubt the girls will play their hearts out. The next few weeks are loaded with ranked teams and Minnesota (who is much better than their ranking0). Penn State is the first test of a tough schedule coming up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT