ADVERTISEMENT

USA under 19

Vince and Biggie make the 1st cut.

It's nice to see our 3 star forward make the cut while 5 star TJ leaf and 5 star Malik pope couldn't. Never understood how he fell from a 4 star to a 3 star in the first place. Wondering what Caleb would of ended up being had he committed to Purdue back when he made that tweet about if Purdue would quit fing around and offered he would probably commit. Any guesses? I'm guessing he would of lost that 5th star for sure.

It's nice to see our 3 star forward make the cut while 5 star TJ leaf and 5 star Malik pope couldn't. Never understood how he fell from a 4 star to a 3 star in the first place. Wondering what Caleb would of ended up being had he committed to Purdue back when he made that tweet about if Purdue would quit fing around and offered he would probably commit. Any guesses? I'm guessing he would of lost that 5th star for sure.
What are you referring to?

What are you referring to?

I'm referring to a tweet that Caleb got some grief about back when he was an eight grader or maybe a freshman that basically said that if Matt or Purdue would just offer him now that he would probably commit. It was discussed on the message boards for awhile. It created the debates on whether or not to offer bigs early. It was during a time when we had offered Wideman real early and everyone said they were glad he didn't commit because he never really developed into a top recruit.

I'm referring to a tweet that Caleb got some grief about back when he was an eight grader or maybe a freshman that basically said that if Matt or Purdue would just offer him now that he would probably commit. It was discussed on the message boards for awhile. It created the debates on whether or not to offer bigs early. It was during a time when we had offered Wideman real early and everyone said they were glad he didn't commit because he never really developed into a top recruit.

Hahahaha. An eighth grader with Twitter. That is awesome.

Great news; congratulations to both!

I see Riley LaChance of Vandy is still in the hunt. I had never heard of him before he tore us a new one in Nashville last December. Hope he does well. But I also hope we give him some payback this year.

BTW: does anyone know if Purdue has ever had multiple players make the same national team?

Normally I don't buy into those types of conspiracies but it does make you wonder why he was rated so low in the final class rankings. At one point i believe he was rated pretty highly, at least in the sixties. After he committed to us he did nothing but drop so who knows but like you I have questioned that before.

From what I saw of Swanigan in the state tournament, he's a lot like Wideman, but more skilled and a little taller.

BTW: does anyone know if Purdue has ever had multiple players make the same national team?
Can you imagine the feel these two will have for each other after this experience, especially if both make the final cut?

I can hear it now (and expect to hear it many times over the year): Edwards to Swanigan for the flush!!!

Does anyone know how they create the initial list of candidates for the U19? Is it a combination of national player ratings, which of them are interested, and coach's preferences?

I hope both of them make it, & I hope the games are available to watch. A little basketball oasis in the off-season. Good luck Boilermakers!

He suffered an ankle injury in Florida in the game he scored over 30 points it cost him a lot of AAU ball > ( Out of sight out of mind ) He also played on a loaded all Ohio Red AAU team with 2 Big Ten Guards MSU Javon Best 4 star , OSU Jae'sean Tate 5 star . Those two never saw a shot they didn't take . Vince played the 4 and led the team in rebounds and assist . Best 11 min. per 2.5 pts , 2.7 rbs and 0.9 assist for MSU . Tate 22 min . 8.8 pts and 5 rbs and 0.3 assist 3 of 19 from 3 for 15 % for OSU . Vince 27 min. per 8.8 pts and 4.8 rbs and 2.7 assist 29/89 from 3 for 33 % and 3 Big Ten freshmen of the week awards . Two guards who don't pass the assist as freshmen prove that . Vs a forward who does whatever it takes to win he had more than double the assist than the other 2 combined . Rankings are a joke most of the people doing them just read box scores . More points = more stars not more wins . Just the way I see things .

Great news; congratulations to both!

I see Riley LaChance of Vandy is still in the hunt. I had never heard of him before he tore us a new one in Nashville last December. Hope he does well. But I also hope we give him some payback this year.
We were the runner up for LaChance Painter recruited him hard for over a year . He said he chose Stallings because he felt like they had a connection but that it was close between Vandy and Purdue . He played his best game against us .

Yeah...rating Edwards a 3 star...whoever did that should be fired. Being serious. I know i'm biased...but find me 10 more kids in college with his size and skills....and most were probably on NBA radars. Hard to teach his size and skill level. AND he's a great kid.

He surely has a long way to go, but his size, strength and skill set are pretty rare and honestly just what the NBA is looking for....

Sure hope they don't find it in this kid.....yet. I think he has the best NBA potential ceiling of ANYBODY on the team.

Draft express rated Isaac as the 26th best prospect and Vince the 37th for the freshmen last season. Vince could of easily been a 2nd rounder if he was a little more aggressive last season. These two guys and Swanigan are going to be forces these next three years. If they stay.

Draft express rated Isaac as the 26th best prospect and Vince the 37th for the freshmen last season. Vince could of easily been a 2nd rounder if he was a little more aggressive last season. These two guys and Swanigan are going to be forces these next three years. If they stay.

Swanigan won't stay more than 2 years.

Yeah...rating Edwards a 3 star...whoever did that should be fired. Being serious. I know i'm biased...but find me 10 more kids in college with his size and skills....and most were probably on NBA radars. Hard to teach his size and skill level. AND he's a great kid.

He surely has a long way to go, but his size, strength and skill set are pretty rare and honestly just what the NBA is looking for....

Sure hope they don't find it in this kid.....yet. I think he has the best NBA potential ceiling of ANYBODY on the team.

The only thing he lacks is elite explosiveness, imo.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT