ADVERTISEMENT

Tusk

laguna1

All-American
Nov 1, 2001
Anyone seen this movie? Not sure if it's been released wide so it might not be everywhere yet. It's apparently a weird/comedy/horror/disturbing mix from Kevin Smith. I know him as a comedy guy so the other genres kind of surprised me, but I guess he's been venturing out recently.

I know what the basic premise is so while I want to see it I'm somewhat apprehensive at the same time, kind of like one of those things you know you don't really care to see but can't turn your head away from it.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

I should add that Smith's weird/odd vibe has always been present going all the way back to Clerks. At least some people tell me that. I haven't seen every one of his movies, but Clerks is my favorite of the ones I have.

Kvein Smith and his friends are capable of making some very entertaining or very weird movies.

Years ago I rented "Vulgar" because it had the tag line "From the creators of Clerks! [sic]" (the cover for the movie was also more benign than what IMDB shows). The first 30 minutes of the movie were in the same comical vein of Clerks with insults traded and jokes cracked. Then about 30 minutes in, the movie takes a left turn into clown rape and vengeance. You could say it was unexpected...

Originally posted by laguna1:
Anyone seen this movie? Not sure if it's been released wide so it might not be everywhere yet. It's apparently a weird/comedy/horror/disturbing mix from Kevin Smith. I know him as a comedy guy so the other genres kind of surprised me, but I guess he's been venturing out recently.

I know what the basic premise is so while I want to see it I'm somewhat apprehensive at the same time, kind of like one of those things you know you don't really care to see but can't turn your head away from it.
I just saw the preview. What seemed like a normal movie really took an odd turn about halfway through. However, I want to see it. It looks good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCQJnOn0ru0

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT