ADVERTISEMENT

This is the best news that I have read in a long time.

TheCainer

All-American
Sep 23, 2003
ACK!!

http://www.comicbookresources.com/a...ng-to-bloom-county-for-first-time-in-25-years

BC-Promo-art800-08680.jpg

Reactions: Noodle
Great news indeed!

Bloom County will forever remind me of the strip Loco Motives from back in the mid 80s at Purdue.

Back when I was an undergrad at Purdue, Bob Peterson (a grad student in Mech. Eng.) wrote and drew a cartoon strip for the Exponent that was very reminiscent of Bloom County. From what I recall, one of the main characters was a moose. It was quite good. The best episode may have been when one of the characters was using an ID he found outside of a noted strip club near campus to get into a bar. The last frame of that strip depicted the driver's license, found outside of the strip club--it was none other than Steven Beering's, Purdue's president back then!

Oh, and Bob Peterson has done alright since graduating with his MS degree. Besides drawing the invitation for my college graduation party, he wrote and directed the Academy Award winning cartoon Up. He was also a writer and actor in movies such as Toy Story, Finding Nemo (Mr. Ray), and Monsters Inc.(Roz). https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Peterson_(filmmaker)

Great news indeed!

Bloom County will forever remind me of the strip Loco Motives from back in the mid 80s at Purdue.

Back when I was an undergrad at Purdue, Bob Peterson (a grad student in Mech. Eng.) wrote and drew a cartoon strip for the Exponent that was very reminiscent of Bloom County. From what I recall, one of the main characters was a moose. It was quite good. The best episode may have been when one of the characters was using an ID he found outside of a noted strip club near campus to get into a bar. The last frame of that strip depicted the driver's license, found outside of the strip club--it was none other than Steven Beering's, Purdue's president back then!

Oh, and Bob Peterson has done alright since graduating with his MS degree. Besides drawing the invitation for my college graduation party, he wrote and directed the Academy Award winning cartoon Up. He was also a writer and actor in movies such as Toy Story, Finding Nemo (Mr. Ray), and Monsters Inc.(Roz). https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Peterson_(filmmaker)

That's some interesting info that I never knew. Never would I have imagined that a Purdue grad had anything to do with those movies, and I enjoyed them all. I don't recall ever seeing one of his comic strips as I was at Purdue a few years earlier, mid-to-late 70's, and I seem to recall the comic strip at that time being called Red Bricks, which as you can imagine drew its name from all of the red brick buildings around campus. Anyway, thanks for the info and I do look forward to the return of Bloom County and especially Bill the Cat (as if you wouldn't have known). I always enjoyed reading that strip before and I hope it is as good this time around.

Do you remember the comic strip Pogo by chance? It was along the same line as BC if I recall correctly, a lot of political satire.

That's some interesting info that I never knew. Never would I have imagined that a Purdue grad had anything to do with those movies, and I enjoyed them all. I don't recall ever seeing one of his comic strips as I was at Purdue a few years earlier, mid-to-late 70's, and I seem to recall the comic strip at that time being called Red Bricks, which as you can imagine drew its name from all of the red brick buildings around campus. Anyway, thanks for the info and I do look forward to the return of Bloom County and especially Bill the Cat (as if you wouldn't have known). I always enjoyed reading that strip before and I hope it is as good this time around.

Do you remember the comic strip Pogo by chance? It was along the same line as BC if I recall correctly, a lot of political satire.
Peterson did not arrive on campus until around 1983/4 (he only went to Purdue for his MS). And I do remember Pogo.

ADVERTISEMENT