ADVERTISEMENT

This board is measuring "likes" now?

This is going to kill my self esteem.
Yes, I don't like that part of this new format. I would rather read someone's opinion directly, rather than look at the number of "likes" to see if my comments had value to others. Rarely do we all agree 100%. We often agree with parts and pieces of other's posts, but usually not all.

I dopn't like the automatic "awards" either. I'm "addicted" because I have over 30 posts? WTF

Also, this new format is slower to load & slower to capture typing. Too much baggage along with the priority messages. Some minor aspects of maintenance easier. Count me as not a big fan.

:cool:

Last edited:
Yes, I don't like that part of this new format. I would rather read someone's opinion directly, rather than look at the number of "likes" to see if my comments had value to others. Rarely do we all agree 100%. We often agree with parts and pieces of other's posts, but usually not all.

I dopn't like the automatic "awards" either. I'm "addicted" because I have over 30 posts? WTF

Also, this new format is slower to load & slower to capture typing. Too much baggage along with the priority messages. Some minor aspects of maintenance easier. Count me as not a big fan.

:cool:

I agree and chose to "like" your post even though a small part of me gagged.

Reactions: Cleanface and BBG
Change is bad for old people like me. I'll test drive the whole thing but I don't like some of the same things as you already. Plus if you click on a person you can stalk their every move. I think that's over the edge as I don't want to be watched that much (not that anyone would want to watch me any how so maybe it's no big deal). There's a couple stalkers here who may think it's their cup of tea.

Has anyone tried this on a mobile device yet? I'm guessing the drive behind a drastic change like this is based on that being more common for viewing the site than a PC is anymore. I'm just curious if this new look will suffice for that so they can purge the app they have.

Reactions: Cleanface
Well, now that I see I have been "awarded" like 5 trophies this morning, I'm feeling pretty good. Everyone gets trophies and participation ribbons at the new GBI!

I really wish forums, FB, etc, had "dislike" buttons.

I tend to dislike more than like.

edit; just checking to see how the edit works.
edit2; cool, no note below letting everyone know I edited. I hate those.

Reactions: hoosierdog1
Has anyone tried this on a mobile device yet? .
Functionality of posting / replying seems much improved on mobile, which is usually how I always read it (no app).

However just reading a thread is more cumbersome.
Older version was much cleaner and simpler to view.
And it's easy to accidentally click on profiles, likes, replies, etc that are everywhere.

Functionality of posting / replying seems much improved on mobile, which is usually how I always read it (no app).

However just reading a thread is more cumbersome.
Older version was much cleaner and simpler to view.
And it's easy to accidentally click on profiles, likes, replies, etc that are everywhere.
Thanks. Like others I'm getting on board with the advance in technology aspect (being an IT guy, I kinda should) but the practicality of this layout isn't great.

This whole change was done because of the large number of posters who use mobile devices to post. It looks and works the same on a phone or tablet as it does on a regular system. Before both the mobile app and the full site were kind of cumbersome, particularly in quoting another poster so those reading could tell to whom you responded. This will take some time but I think overall it's a pretty good change. And, I'm old too Gemstate!

This whole change was done because of the large number of posters who use mobile devices to post. It looks and works the same on a phone or tablet as it does on a regular system. Before both the mobile app and the full site were kind of cumbersome, particularly in quoting another poster so those reading could tell to whom you responded. This will take some time but I think overall it's a pretty good change. And, I'm old too Gemstate!

Yeah I'm getting the hang of it . I changed by glasses and it was better...A few beers tonight and I'll most likely think it's better than sliced bread...Do you remember that one?

Yeah I'm getting the hang of it . I changed by glasses and it was better...A few beers tonight and I'll most likely think it's better than sliced bread...Do you remember that one?
Yes. I hung out a lot with my Grandfather who was born in 1885. Know the song, Matchbox Blues? That song refers to those old small cardboard suitcases that were called "matchboxes" by people with money.

I don't mind the "like" function at all. For those of you who use the GroupMe this is very similar. Eliminates the need for reposting something just to agree, which reduces the amount I have to scroll down which is important to me.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT