ADVERTISEMENT

The Reds

Dec 8, 2009
Ready for a change. They haven't improved in the last three years. The core group of starters is not working who most has started during those years. They need changes in the off season. Here's the way I see it. I'm not a GM for a reason so take it for what it's worth.

1B Votto trade (i put trade beside the names of guys i wouldn't be against trading. I'm not saying they will or should be just that I wouldn't have a problem with it.) too much money. Average power numbers. Injury bug seems to haunt him.

2B Phillips keep. the guys a gamer.

SS Cozart trade.Might win the gold glove this year but we need offense and he ain't got it.

3B Frazier trade. get what we can get. will never reproduce the numbers he's had this year.

RF Bruce. trade. see Cozart.

CF Hamilton. keep. He changes the game.

LF Ludwick/Heisey.Do not resign Ludwick. / Heisey not cuttin it.

C Mesoraco keep. guys gonna be a star.

picthers. Keep Cueto,Latos and Chapman.

This post was edited on 9/23 2:00 PM by HUNTER46120

This post was edited on 9/23 2:04 PM by HUNTER46120

Votto has been injury prone but when he's in the lineup he has produced moderate power, RBIs, runs, and OBP. He simply gets on base a ton so for that reason alone the Reds should retain him.

I agree with your assessment that Frazier won't duplicate his power numbers from this season, but I think he's capable of hitting .280-.300 most seasons and he's a leader. They will have to pay him when his contract needs renewed (no idea when that is) but they should keep him.

Cozart needs dumped in a hurry, but I have no idea if they have a quality SS in the higher ranks of their farm system. You simply can't have a SS who hits .220 and he's had enough opportunity to prove that's what type of hitter he is.

I've never been a fan of Bruce. Strikes out too much, has a terrible OBP. Again, can't have a regular in the lineup in a position that traditionally is supposed to be offense-heavy and have him hitting .220.

Agree on getting rid of Ludwick. Heisey is OK just because of his versatility, but he's not an everyday player.

I'll be interested to see if they toy around with moving Chapman into the starting rotation like they've thought about the last couple of years. He's a great closer, but it's also frustrating that arguably your second-best pitcher is only going to give you about 55 IP this season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT