ADVERTISEMENT

Te'Jon Lucas........

PU offered this 2016 pg.......any inside info?
Brian has talked about him a lot, so this isn't a surprise. I guess Illinois offered as well.

It sounds like he is a pass first guard, but a good finisher. His shot looks like it could use some work.

From that article: "he knows how to feed a big in the right spot" is key. How many times last year did AJ or Isaac get the ball in a bad position and get it poked away? If they seal their man then hit him for a quick shot at the basket. Or so the ball can be passed out quickly to the open shooter.

Just getting the ball inside is half the battle, at the right spot is what creates easy baskets and good offensive flow.

Lucas looks good and would love to have him....but have to say he will need to change his shooting motion in college or he will get many swatted.

Thank goodness he is a pass first guard.

I like him...quick first step.....long arms for defense.....pass first....fits us well.....

All 3 look good...great job Painter!

@ny2lasports: 2016 PG Te'Jon Lucas of Mil Washington (WI) & @MilwaukeeSparta is scheduled to take an official visit to Purdue the weekend of August 28th

Nice to see we got an official from him. He has Illinois on August 7th, old dominion September 11th, and USC on September 18th. Besides Illinois, I feel like the other 2 aren't not much competition. With the recent "Simpson Related" news of Xavier getting a pg commit, I am becoming more confident we will land a good point guard in this class.

ADVERTISEMENT