ADVERTISEMENT

Swanigan and his importance to PU

dwhitebash11

Redshirt Freshman
Oct 15, 2011
Landing Swanigan obviously got the monkey off of Painters back, the elusive 5* recruit. As a contender to the B1G already this year, and probably a top 25 team without CS, with him, we have arguably the most dominate front court in the league, and some great young talent at the guard position.

BUT, the most important aspect now for PU is the success we have not only this year, but the tenure of Swanigans most likely short-lived career at PU. It is absolutely imperative that PU is a perennial force in the B1G and the NCAA Tournament. We need to play the hardest defense that we've played since the Baby Boilers from 07-10. We need our guards to take care of the ball, Wisconsin style, and make smart choices. If we can't make noise, be a team nationally recognized, then his recruitment has the chance to only hurt Painters chances in the long run.

If we as a program, want to get attention from other top recruits, this needs to work out. Otherwise, what top recruit would want to come here if we fail miserably at getting them the best opportunity to succeed? This is the type of thing that makes/breaks a college coach. I have faith that it will make Painter.

Landing Swanigan obviously got the monkey off of Painters back, the elusive 5* recruit. As a contender to the B1G already this year, and probably a top 25 team without CS, with him, we have arguably the most dominate front court in the league, and some great young talent at the guard position.

BUT, the most important aspect now for PU is the success we have not only this year, but the tenure of Swanigans most likely short-lived career at PU. It is absolutely imperative that PU is a perennial force in the B1G and the NCAA Tournament. We need to play the hardest defense that we've played since the Baby Boilers from 07-10. We need our guards to take care of the ball, Wisconsin style, and make smart choices. If we can't make noise, be a team nationally recognized, then his recruitment has the chance to only hurt Painters chances in the long run.

If we as a program, want to get attention from other top recruits, this needs to work out. Otherwise, what top recruit would want to come here if we fail miserably at getting them the best opportunity to succeed? This is the type of thing that makes/breaks a college coach. I have faith that it will make Painter.
There isn't a question. It's arguably one of the best in the nation.

Is that really where we're going with this? Really? I forgot, people on free message boards NEVER spell words incorrectly. My bad, I put ate instead of ant. Or should I have said, I put dominate instead of dominant? Which would you prefer?

Someone had to be that guy. I don't know if it's a good thing he's a supposed Boiler fan, or a bad thing. I'll leave that up to the rest.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT