ADVERTISEMENT

Sour grapes

D A Y

True Freshman
Oct 13, 2011
Sour grapes me if you want. I am fine with us not getting CS and I'm still super pumped for next year. I'd much rather lose him to M$U than Cal. What is Cal basketball? I know Zo is there, but that would have hurt my pride much worse. Losing out to the Spartans (again) I'm fine with. Their track record in March and Izzo's "history" with handled-guys like Dawson makes me actually feel much better about this situation. We have a better 4 and a better 5 so wherever they put him we will whoop his ass next year. We need an Octeus-esque PG waaaay more than some one & done hybrid attention-seeker. Bring them on, we will play them in WL next year and I guarantee the Paint Crew will make him regret this decision. Let's move on...Boiler Up!
Posted from Rivals Mobile

If anyone feels anger towards Swanigan for his decision or that he somehow wronged Purdue, they need to check themselves. Not saying you feel that way, but I'm getting that give from "the Paint Crew will make him regret his decision."

Originally posted by Schnelk:

Rather him go to MSU than Cal??? Really? Not me man. No freeking way.
Agree 100%. Cal has Martin, who I like a lot better than Izzo (since Izzo beats us in every recruting battle and quite often on the court) and now MSU is that much harder to beat next year. Really would have liked to see Zo get him if we didn't. Heck, I would have rather seen him go to Duke or UK or anywhere besides MSU.

I simply mean as far as status goes, I'd rather lose a recruit to a perennial contender than a school I find to be of lesser stature in the basketball world. I hate MSU like I hate IU, so understand what you both are saying. I also don't think wanting a recruit to regret his decision not to choose my alma mater is out of line. He made a business decision which I fully understand. Now I hope we kick their ass twice as hard and Izzo's whines can be heard across Lake Michigan.

I'm not mad a CS and I'm not mad at MSU or Izzo. Who in the hell in their right mind wouldn't take a kid from another state to improve the team? This is on us as a program for allowing this year in and year out. We failed to secure our borders. We see kids from other states on our team. Put the blame where it belongs for losing Mr. Basketball winners every single year. When was the last Mr Basketball from any state to play here? Too long to even research and waste time on it.

Klucass lol at you there is non of that in this post man. On another note nobody but msu posters claimed a dirty recruitment let me supply you with a little proof. Salty much???? Gbi could you please sticky this so they can be reminded since they all seem to be short on iq

Look to your own fanbase msu

Originally posted by jadeezra:
Klucass lol at you there is non of that in this post man. On another note nobody but msu posters claimed a dirty recruitment let me supply you with a little proof. Salty much???? Gbi could you please sticky this so they can be reminded since they all seem to be short on iq
Yep. They brought the same charges to this board about Dawson. They claimed that his recruitment was dirty, so Izzo was backing off. Then he signed with them. So, MSU fans, did Izzo outbid the cheaters, or didn't he?

Not counting on an explanation/apology from them. Not all posters are putting a $ between m and u.... This should really stay at the top because the proof is right there. I don't want to rehash this again with no proof like with Dawson. The similarities are mind boggling for sure. They or at least some of them are the real ones who start this rubbish if they think they are losing out on a recruit

Not counting on an explanation/apology from them. Not all posters are putting a $ between m and u.... This should really stay at the top because the proof is right there. I don't want to rehash this again with no proof like with Dawson. The similarities are mind boggling for sure. They or at least some of them are the real ones who start this rubbish if they think they are losing out on a recruit

This isn't the same as the Dawson deal

Then explain nat... I know there was differences but they claimed izzo was out because it got dirty. I clearly remember that much.

Are you saying Dawson was ours until somebody up there yanked his ear? If so I agree from that aspect as I believe he was truly ours to get until all of that. Not so sure on Swanigan which is a shame but oh well
This post was edited on 4/11 8:50 PM by jadeezra

roll.r191677.gif

MSU fans;

"Cal is in it because their coach also played at Purdue, with Barnes."

"That's why Rabb at Cal and Painter at Purdue, two desperate coaches, are playing ball with his handlers."

"Counzo Martin is the Cal coach. He played football with Swanigan's mentor, Roosevelt Barnes."

Holy shit.
laugh.r191677.gif
Derp much, you dolts??

blankimage.png

Originally posted by Cleanface:

roll.r191677.gif

MSU fans;

"Cal is in it because their coach also played at Purdue, with Barnes."JDspartan's one poster. He's the single source of all the idiotic statements. Idt that he's been allowed on our HB for....yrs iirc.

"That's why Rabb at Cal and Painter at Purdue, two desperate coaches, are playing ball with his handlers.". See above.

"Counzo Martin is the Cal coach. He played football with Swanigan's mentor, Roosevelt Barnes." Ahhh, Kentucky fan.

Holy shit.
laugh.r191677.gif
Derp much, you dolts??
So, you're left w/ one...two tops, posters behind those moronic assertions. Contrast that w/ what's become a virtual majority of your posters who believe Izzo's somehow less than pure ("truthers"of the PU fan base). Seriously, wtf do you think Izzo's had such a difficult time in the CPS and Chicago in general?? Look below for delusional musings.
This post was edited on 4/13 8:56 AM by JDMEvergreen

clowns

Originally posted by JDMEvergreen:

So, you're left w/ one...two tops, posters behind those moronic assertions. Contrast that w/ what's become a virtual majority of your posters who believe Izzo's somehow less than pure[/B] ("truthers"of the PU fan base). Seriously, wtf do you think Izzo's had such a difficult time in the CPS and Chicago in general?? Look below for delusional musings.
This post was edited on 4/13 8:56 AM by JDMEvergreen
Talk about delusional...

I love how MSU fans constantly rush to defend themselves against every post that even slighty degrades them.

For such a high and mighty program, you guys really are extremely insecure bunch.

Pretty sure an MSU message board would be the very last place I'd visit had Swanigan chose PUR. However, seems like your lot has been here non-stop since Friday. Odd.

Scouring thru threads all wknd, nit-picking every post, looking for the slightest digs on MSU
laugh.r191677.gif
GTFO.

Originally posted by JDMEvergreen:
"Counzo Martin is the Cal coach. He played football with Swanigan's mentor, Roosevelt Barnes." Ahhh, Kentucky fan.

The person who posted that was MileHighSpartan,[/URL]

Not an "Ahhhh, Kentucky fan." Nice try tho. Guess you're just as derpy dolty as they are.

edit; Can't wait for your seething response. I'm sure it will be completely crushing
laugh.r191677.gif

This post was edited on 4/13 9:41 AM by Cleanface

In fairness to the MSU poster, there was only 1 guy claiming Swanigan or his handlers were dirty in that thread. I can appreciate your angle, but 1 guy doesn't define the fanbase. (Plus, multiple people challenged him on it in that same thread).

That said, to the MSU guy... probably not the best message board to post on given the recent recruiting battle. There is almost nothing you can say that will be interpreted constructively at this time.

This post was edited on 4/14 8:45 AM by Statey

Originally posted by Cleanface:

I love how MSU fans constantly rush to defend themselves against every post that even slightly degrades them.

For such a high and mighty program, you guys really are extremely insecure bunch.

_______________________________________________________________________________________
This just needed repeating. It is so very true.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT