ADVERTISEMENT

So, like the mens side, who do you root for...

joesue

True Freshman
Gold Member
Aug 17, 2001
...pretty tough for most people in this area to find one of these teams to pull for. Didn't care at all who won last nite...will probably side with Geno again tonite as I did a year ago, but man, is this getting tiresome. Unfortunately I don't see this changing on the womens side in the near future.

This post was edited on 4/8 3:32 PM by joesue

I could root for almost anyone against Connecticut, but not Notre Dame. I do not want Notre Dame to win another National Championship -- ever -- in anything, but especially not in Women's Basketball.

Re: Stefanie Dolson...what a delightful person...

...never seen Geno so emotional...this team possibly the best of all time...maybe one of the other unbeaten UConn teams and Baylor the only ones to really be considered. Wouldn't bet against them again next year!!!

Re: Stefanie Dolson...what a delightful person...

While what Uconn has done is impressive, when it's pretty much a foregone conclusion they are going to win most years, it becomes pretty boring. Yes, anything can happen in a season but they are so stacked every year they just insert another all American in the lineup.

I'm not sure them winning most years and being in the final four every year is the best way to grow the sport. On the flip side, it's a call to the other coaches out there that they need to step things up even more.

Sorry, but it was a boring game and while I know nd was down a player, I'm not sure it would have mattered all that much.

Re: PF1, you are right...

...ND was clearly the second best team in the country, and it was no match!!! There is such a disparity between UConn and everybody else, except for an occasional Greiner, that the girls game has suffered overall, and that will continue to happen until several programs can somehow catch up. Not even Wooden's best UCLA teams were this much better than the whole field.

I could root for almost anyone against Connecticut, but not Notre Dame. I do not want Notre Dame to win another National Championship -- ever -- in anything, but especially not in Women's Basketball.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ditto, My three favorite teams are Purdue, and whom ever is playing IU or ND in anything.
MSU is a closing in on another team I can't stand. At least in mens basketball.
FWI ND Womens BB has become the Buffalo Bills of their sport. Can't get it done.

I'm with you, BoilerJS. I don't want Notre Dame to ever win anything--*especially* not a championship in women's basketball.( I'd rather see IU win the NC in wbb rather than ND!) I was rooting for the Huskies--not like they needed it! LOL! At least for the foreseeable future, it looks like it's going to continue to be UConn and then everybody else, the same way it used to be Tennessee and everybody else. That's too bad for the sport, but no way to change it. It is what it is.

I read the ND has loss the womens championship game 3 of the last 4 years. That's a hard thing to stomach. I almost am beginning to feel sorry for the irish. (But as Steve Martin would say and SNL years ago: "NNAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!")

Ha Ha near the end of the UConn romp, the lady announcer said something like: If you coaches want to win big like the Huskies than go to one of Geno's practices and see how it is done. Hilarious. Give Coach V Geno's lineup this year and visa versa and there would be little difference in the results. No kidding. As long as Geno brings in nothing but A-A's unless major injuries hit, he is going to continue winning at a far higher level than most teams. ND has and can beat him due to their continued great recruiting but Geno usually gets more of the best. Their big center (s) are in a class by themselves. Etc.

He gets them to come there because he's such a bully. That made a lot of sense. I loved that one.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT