ADVERTISEMENT

Smith to Anderson H. S.

indianphil

All-American
Gold Member
Aug 14, 2001
Rhine Smith has accepted the HC job at AHS and from what the paper said this morning Painter was heavily involved. He will have his hands full turning the Indians around. He will have to create a whole new culture there. Does that sound familiar?

He is sure moving up the ranks wouldn't be surprised if he is one of our assistants in a few years.

Rhine Smith has accepted the HC job at AHS and from what the paper said this morning Painter was heavily involved. He will have his hands full turning the Indians around. He will have to create a whole new culture there. Does that sound familiar?

As an ex-Anderson Indian, I think this is great! Anderson has suffered the loss of much of their manufacturing industry, with Delco and Guide either moving oout or cutting back.

The original Anderson High School burned a while back. The Madison Heights HS was renamed Anderson HS. As the population decreased, multiple HS were not needed. The last I knew (years back) the wigwam was still in use, although there would be no ajacent HS. It was a great venue to watch basketball. It may be gone now as far as I know.

Good luck Ryne!

:cool:

I think it's awesome when high level college players like him come back and coach, especially in Indiana. Congrats to him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT