ADVERTISEMENT

Shaka and Marquette…

Apr 1, 2019
got absolutely run by UConn. 81-53. So, that only solidifies the Huskies hold on #1. I don’t know that they have another tough opponent left on their schedule pre-conference tourney.

Well, this game was supposed to be against the #4 team in the country, too. So, I’m not sold on Creighton being a tough game. 😁

Well, this game was supposed to be against the #4 team in the country, too. So, I’m not sold on Creighton being a tough game. 😁
Stuff happens. If they blow them out at Marquette then you can say something. Definitely Marquette missed a chance to move to a one seed though and yeah UConn probably solidified things much like we have probably as well.

Reactions: northside100
UCONN looked impressive and Marquette made it easy on them with their poor play.

My take-away from watching this top-four matchup was thank God we play in Mackey Arena. That place sounded like a morgue. If that's the atmosphere for their top home game of the season that's really pathetic.

maybe , maybe not but McDermott has done a great job w/ that team after losing Nembhard and Kalumba to the portal, the place will be rockin, they destroyed Neb earlier in the year in Lincoln too

Reactions: Boiler Buck
UCONN looked impressive and Marquette made it easy on them with their poor play.

My take-away from watching this top-four matchup was thank God we play in Mackey Arena. That place sounded like a morgue. If that's the atmosphere for their top home game of the season that's really pathetic.
I had the exact thought about their crowd, but when I thought about it they are never on the top college arena lists that float around on Twitter. Pretty sad for a program with their pedigree/tradition.

Kinda scary. UConn is rolling.
My thoughts exactly. They are either peaking too early or have hit their March/Champion level stride.

UCONN was most impressive, but outside of Auburn all of the contenders took care of business and looked good doing it yesterday. Hopefully Purdue took notice and is ready to thump OSU today.

Reactions: Boiler Buck

It was like a morgue. Marquette literally missing 10 ft open shots.

Marquette was off on both ends. The game at their place will be closer. UConn played better, but it was more about how poorly M shot & defended.

Yes M looked so bad yesterday. Some due to UConn D, most due to some of the most pathetic play I have seen in awhile.

Still offensively, UConn looks scary with a lot of options. I think we play them in April.

What do you mean? That place was rockin

It was interesting that UConn left some of their starters in while almost up 30 with 2-3 mins left…

Marquette isn’t that bad…as others have stated they played poorly and missed open shots. Didn’t realize it was a thing but apparently ppl say kolek doesn’t show up in big games and this only added to it. I’m sure at Marquette will be a bit different.

Didn’t realize it was a thing but apparently ppl say kolek doesn’t show up in big games and this only added to it. I’m sure at Marquette will be a bit different.
I guess we can't call at Illinois a big game, then, because Kolek went off on the Illini.

I had the exact thought about their crowd, but when I thought about it they are never on the top college arena lists that float around on Twitter. Pretty sad for a program with their pedigree/tradition.
Saturday's game was at the XL Center in Hartford. They switch between XL Center and Gampel Pavilion in Storrs. Gampel sucks but it's definately more of a college atmosphere.

Thankfully, we wouldn't see them until the Final Four. UConn, Auburn and Kentucky are probably the 3 teams I least want to see in the Tourney. Nobody from the Big 12 or ACC strikes fear in me.

Saturday's game was at the XL Center in Hartford. They switch between XL Center and Gampel Pavilion in Storrs. Gampel sucks but it's definately more of a college atmosphere.

Thankfully, we wouldn't see them until the Final Four. UConn, Auburn and Kentucky are probably the 3 teams I least want to see in the Tourney. Nobody from the Big 12 or ACC strikes fear in me.
I also do not want to see Arizona, particularly on a truly neutral site.

Reactions: Boiler79
Any team we have beaten before, the advantage likely goes to them as they will be pumped up for revenge.
I’d also say they’d have somewhat of an idea of how physical they need to be with Zach. If it’s a team we haven’t played and we are playing them for the first time and/or on 1 day rest and is the 2nd game of that weekend played (yes I know we have to get passed the first round), I think teams won’t be able to prep as much as teams that have already played us…if that makes sense.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT