ADVERTISEMENT

"Settling" for Carsen

Oct 13, 2014
Remember when C.J. Walker was set to become our Class of 2020 point guard, then de-committed? (Had "too much sauce" for Purdue, per an ex- who will go un-named here.) He is averaging 8.7 PPG, 2.8 RPG and 2.7 APG for 20-10 Florida State this season.

Then we missed on Xavier (now Zavier) Simpson -- 7.4 PPG, 3.0 RBG, 3.6 APG for 27-7 Michigan -- who we'll see once again tonight. Both good players.

Still, we are doing OK with Carsen Edwards -- 18.7 PPG, 3.8 RPG, 3.0 APG for a 28-5 team -- the 2020 guard we wound up with.

It's tough "settling" for players and teams that fall shy of the Final Four, NCAA title, etc. Will this be the year? I am having fun watching.

Last edited:
Kid was the best guard coming out of Texas according to some.............you could see what type of player CMP was getting. Amazing others didn't. I was excited as hell when PU got him. You never know, but it sure did pan out.

Reactions: Ben Shadeland
Remember when C.J. Walker was set to become our Class of 2020 point guard, then de-committed? (Had "too much sauce" for Purdue, per an ex- who will go un-named here.) He is averaging 8.7 PPG, 2.8 RPG and 2.7 APG for 20-10 Florida State this season.

Then we missed on Xavier (now Zavier) Simpson -- 7.4 PPG, 3.0 RBG, 3.6 APG for 27-7 Michigan -- who we'll see once again tonight. Both good players.

Still, we are doing OK with Carsen Edwards -- 18.7 PPG, 3.8 RPG, 3.0 APG for a 28.5 team -- the 2020 guard we wound up with.

It's tough "settling" for players and teams that fall shy of the Final Four, NCAA title, etc. Will this be the year? I am having fun watching.
yea, but hopefully we have Carsen for 4 years though.

When it comes to recruiting, you can't always get what you want, but this time we got exactly who we needed.

Reactions: gkmorris

Still, we are doing OK with Carsen Edwards -- 18.7 PPG, 3.8 RPG, 3.0 APG for a 28-5 team -- the 2020 guard we wound up with.

Xavier is really killing us right now...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT