ADVERTISEMENT

Seth Towns to Harvard..

I wonder if Harvard BBall fans will now visit our board, and start laying down the academic smack like the Cal fans did.

I imagine it will be something along the lines of..."POTUS Barack Obama went to Harvard, and Orville Redenbacher went to Purdue! Y'all SUCK!"

Last edited:
Reactions: B1Gboilermaker
I wonder if Harvard BBall fans will now visit our board, and start laying down the academic smack like the Cal fans did.

I imagine it will be something along the lines of..."POTUS Barack Obama went to Harvard, and Orville Redenbacher went to Purdue! Y'all SUCK!"
One made a huge profit and the other a huge deficit, which one would YOU rather be associated with?

BOILER UP!

Harvard's great and all but at least Orville went somewhere to learn useful knowledge. Or maybe he just used what he learned in a better way.

Harvard's great and all but at least Orville went somewhere to learn useful knowledge. Or maybe he just used what he learned in a better way.

Thats probably it. Given the same set of options, i would make the same choice.

Well, at least he'll be challenged academically.

OMG, don't you know? You don't get selected for Harvard unless you are already an "A" student, therefore, all students at Harvard get "A's". Some 60% of their students have GPA's in the high 3.x/4.0 range.

Harvard: Where all the students are above average.

Purdue: The place where an "A" is still an "A". (the difference between a selective private college and a public university).

:cool:

I am pretty sure with the arrival of Amaker that if you play basketball and Harvard wants you .....You are not competing with the kid who doesn't play any sport in order to get into Harvard......With the small percentage of kids who play college basketball actually making it into the NBA.... Having a Harvard degree when you graduate has got to be a big pull for some kids that maybe are good at basketball and good students....But not great students

Harvard is a great school obviously, but things have changed significantly in "admissions" for the basketball program once Amaker came on board.

I don't want to disparage Towns. He is obviously a great student and cares about his education very much so, but this Harvard is slightly different than the Harvard of 10-15 years ago.

I am pretty sure with the arrival of Amaker that if you play basketball and Harvard wants you .....You are not competing with the kid who doesn't play any sport in order to get into Harvard......With the small percentage of kids who play college basketball actually making it into the NBA.... Having a Harvard degree when you graduate has got to be a big pull for some kids that maybe are good at basketball and good students....But not great students

If that is his thought process, good for him. He obviously is more willing to challenge himself academically than he is athletically, which is unusual for a top 75 recruit.

ADVERTISEMENT