ADVERTISEMENT

Season Ticket Holders

GodFamilyCountryPurdue

All-American
Aug 5, 2014
I renewed my season tickets last week, and it got me wondering who on here is a season ticket holder. I'm not asking this to see who the "true" fans are. I'm just curious. So, who here has season tickets? I'm looking forward to another year of Boiler football (no matter how frustrating it might be)!

Boiler Up!!!

I travel too much otherwise I would be one. Even though I think there are many issues that need fixed, I still support the team and the players which to me, is what a fan is all about. I may not agree or like the coaching staff, but I will still support the players no matter what.

We renewed our 4, and will continue to regardless of performance until I move out of the commutable area.

Still an idiot after 60 years of good, bad, and ugly. Have some hope for next year but not real optimistic,

I haven't decided if I'm renewing or not. Nothing against the program. We had 5 tickets, but my daughter will be a freshman next year. I can't afford Purdue - so looks like an Illinois school (she's furious with me.)

It really depends on my boys' schedules. We couldn't buy for nearly 10 years due to youth sports on weekends. May be that way again.

This will be my second year of having season tickets.Last season was my first year,and I enjoyed the experience,even though the team had a rough year.Hopefully,this season will be better.

30+ year season ticket holder. Been through longer droughts. More optimistic today than 5 years ago...whatever that is worth.

I've had season tickets most years since Brees' junior year. There were a couple when the boys came along that I just bought a couple. That said, I've sold 3 and possibly 4 of this year's games, just a long drive over the years. It would help if the Char-Bett would be open all season long in Logansport for the ride home enjoying some Red Indian ice cream.

1/2 red Indian 1/2 chocolate milk shake my favorite. Helps me sober up for the rest of the ride home. They've seemed to vary the date they close from year to year. Always envisioned myself getting plowed into by a semi when pulling out of there, but nary a close call yet!

I started getting season tickets when Colletto was coaching.

...ain't gonna stop now...

Originally posted by Pub1986:
1/2 red Indian 1/2 chocolate milk shake my favorite. Helps me sober up for the rest of the ride home. They've seemed to vary the date they close from year to year. Always envisioned myself getting plowed into by a semi when pulling out of there, but nary a close call yet!
Yeah, the date does seem to vary, wonder if it's dependent on inventory? May have to try that combo this fall. And I agree, I always think that place is an accident waiting to happen, but I've never had any issues exiting either.

This post was edited on 4/16 10:27 AM by jberry5

I just renewed, 25 consecutive years.

I did find it interesting that you had to be a JPC member to purchase the prime seats in the $250 Legacy fund zone. I would think Purdue would be happy to have any Purdue fan sitting in that area and not limit it to JPC members. I guess I am surprised Purdue can demand that of those seats.

It is probably a topic for another thread...

Reactions: Grover
Thirty-year season ticket holder here (just re-upped for #31), not including four years as an undergrad season-ticket holder. Three years ago we moved from mid-field on the East side to the 50-yard line in the Shively Club. Best move we ever made; we've been asking ourselves why we took so long to do it. See you folks in the fall!

I sit on the east side, about midfield, why do you say moving to the Shively Club is the best move you made? This is for Wheels of Steel, just wondering in case my group asks

I sit on the east side, about midfield, why do you say moving to the Shively Club is the best move you made? This is for Wheels of Steel, just wondering in case my group asks
Lots of positives: You don't have to fight for your seats; you've got an actual, comfortable chair; early season, when it's hot, you can duck in the AC; late season, when its cold, you can go in to get warm or get out of the rain; you can drink a beer in your seat; restrooms are spacious, clean, and there are no lines; food options are better; free program for evey game; better parking options...

Wheels,

Im curious, I was invited up there for the first game of 2008, and the amenities you speak of are nice.

However, far too many grumpy people not cheering for my taste. I felt very awkward cheering, standing, or even giving a 1,2,3,4, first down. I dont think I would sit there for even money. Maybe I would purely for the view or when Im old enough that I just want to sit...

Am I painting a fair picture?

Wheels,

Im curious, I was invited up there for the first game of 2008, and the amenities you speak of are nice.

However, far too many grumpy people not cheering for my taste. I felt very awkward cheering, standing, or even giving a 1,2,3,4, first down. I dont think I would sit there for even money. Maybe I would purely for the view or when Im old enough that I just want to sit...

Am I painting a fair picture?
To tell you the truth, boiler17, it is a mixed bag. We clap, stomp, and sceam our heads off, but not everyone in our section does. There are some very elderly (i.e., octogenarian) fans who sit near the top of the section (under the overhang) who aren't terribly loud (but let's hope you and I are still turning out to support our team when we are wheelchair bound!). More of a problem is that (I think) many of the seats must be purchased by businesses who dole them out to clients, employees, etc. On any given Saturday, you will see people who you won't see again during the season (some of whom are wearing opponents' regalia). In the three seasons we've been sitting in the Shively Club the team hasn't been very good. I'll be curious to see what happens when we start winning again.

I renewed my season tickets last week, and it got me wondering who on here is a season ticket holder. I'm not asking this to see who the "true" fans are. I'm just curious. So, who here has season tickets? I'm looking forward to another year of Boiler football (no matter how frustrating it might be)!

Boiler Up!!!

No more season tickets for me! Twenty one years and good seats, but I can't stand 11:00 am games and losing every Saturday. I am out! Ps Had 40 yard line tickets.

Been season ticket holder for FB and BB since the late 80's. Moved to Shively when they first became available. As has been stated, lots of perks like food, clean restrooms, can get out of the weather and plenty of room. They are pricey but at 55 I like to be comfortable. It isn't rowdy by any means but there are people who do cheer and make some noise. My contract runs thru 2019 season.

ADVERTISEMENT